90 SC 5spd question...went to drive car and pushed

HelpME

the clutch in and it went all the way to the floor with the slightest touch, meaning there is no pressure.

When the car is started and the clutch is pushed in, I can not put the car in any gear.

When the car is off and I put the car in gear and then start it, the car will move but I only have to let the clutch move about a quarter of an inch off the floor. Normally it catches about 3 inches i guess.

I check the fluid level for the clutch and it was fine. Does anyone have any ideas..?

I have been a member on here for years, but had lost touch with the forum and forgot my other screen name so I am not a NEWBIE.

Master or slave cylinder is probably shot. Enough pressure to partially disengage the clutch.

I did have a bad hose on a pickup one time. Shove the clutch pedal down and the hose would expand. That's a longshot though.

thanks

I will look into that, appreciate the help on Christmas, enjoy the Holliday and thanks once again.

Those hydraulic slave cylinders are known to leak and you may have just lost too much fluid. If so, you may also, as suggested above, bleed the clutch M/C.

Back