bilstein shocks group buy

turbospeed

any one intereste in getting the bilstein shocks? it would be interesting to contact shox.com or other supplier to see what kind of prices we can get.

I emailed Shox.com and they said $334. but you have to say you are members of the TCCoA when you order, dont ask me why but thats what they stated in the email. Also they arent re-valved. Hope this helps u guys out.

Jay

Still hoping for a group buy and a bit more discount....Would be nice if we can get them for $300 or so.

In my email to them i told them that the MINIMUM would be 5 most likely more. I am going to email them today when i have a free minute and see what kind of deal they will work out for us with 10 orders. I will let you guys know.

Jay

I would like also possibly be interested for the right price
the bilstiens are a direct fit correct?
thanks
Josh
how about contacting a couple other vendors as well
let me know--I may have time to check it out a little bit

Hey Jay -

Maybe ask the supplier what discount he would offer for different group totals. Eg: 5,10,20,30.
At the right price, the supplier will have guys & gals falling all over him for the shocks.

Let me know.

Mark
'93 SC

Good point about asking about different quantities. At some point these guys (Shox.com ) should be able to get a nice break from wherever they get them.

I tried talking to them (Shox.com) a couple months ago and they didn't seem very interested at all in offering much of a price break to me as an individual or as a SCCoA member. It appears that they may have the same attitude toward a group purchase.

Are these Bilstines some kind of exclusive brand with very few suppliers who have tight restrictions on how they can price their products? I hope Shox.com is'nt the only game in town for these.

Just FYI for anyone considering Bilsteins, unless you can find a seller who has them on the shelf, you're probably out of luck. They have discontinued manufacturing the front shocks, apparently there is a component specifically for the MN-12 shocks that they buy from an outside supplier, which is no longer available to them.

They have been receiving many calls from irate Bird / Cougar owners ... :rolleyes:

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

So, if one can't find any, we have only 3 "Performance" options. Koni, which I don't want to "make fit" on the fronts. Stock from Ford or the 20% stiffer Illumina II which wear out faster then a nubie welcome on TBU??

Looks like I will be placing some calls to different places to see if they have any. Got 96K on the OEM and I know I am at the point I need a set. Was looking at the Blistiens because of the great reviews from members on here.

Any one know the part numbers for the bilsteins?
I can find some references to them, but they all say * except for supercoupe.

Is this just because they don't have the electronic adjustment function, but they will fit and function just fine, just not adjust? Or is there something different about how the SC shocks are mounted, or some such?

I need the correct numbers if I am going to call all over looking for them.

-CP

**** this im getting a riceR , they never get discontinued parts!! any one who can call them!!
maybe we can do something!

Talked to shox.com Friday, and they are out of the blisteins for good. Looks like I will go with Koni's, but, what luck I have, the rears are on back order and will not be shipped from Koni until sometime in April. :rolleyes:

Back