PDA

View Full Version : aha i got the top 21 posts!!!

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 01:04 AM
I am officially a postwhore! I have the top 8 posts right now at 10:08PM...where are the rest of us

so far today only, tbk, john shelton, and ron posted, i know we are stronger than that...let us all know how the sc's are doing, or in my case how they are not; as in not running correctly hehehe.

al

Mandis Tbird
04-12-2002, 02:31 AM
Oh I am sorry, but I wasn't aware that it was a contest on who made the most posts! RELAX

By the way, you forgot my name in there--I too posted! =0P
Mandi =0)
Torrance, Cali
3.8 '97 T-Bird

mannysc
04-12-2002, 10:52 AM
mandis tbird watch out these guys get their hormones up at the thought of a woman in a tbird with a attitude .as for me "you had me at hello" LOL welcome to the group . guys remember woman , beer, cars, all fun just don't mix um .well you can mix beer and woman , cars and woman ,ahh err just leave the cars out when theres beer involved.

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 11:57 AM
there will be some beer in my trunk when i go to irwindale

haha, we can drink it after we run!

mandi, i did post the tiem i was the top eight...and no its not a contest, these guys just leave too long without telling us how their cars/projects are going and i like to know

mannys-inverted blower
mercury65-water cooled thingamagig
ronz leg lol
and where the heck is the beer barron???

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 12:19 PM
beer barron is too drunk to post at the moment.

You forgot about TBK and 1) this 5-speed vibration problem and 2) his ever depressing quest to get a TRUE DUAL setup! :-)

It's so bad I even added it to my sig! LOL

*Content Edited*

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 01:06 PM
crap,

u think it might be balancer or u joint? maybe even a messed up motor mount??? what kind of vibration is it?

al

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 01:24 PM
It's a continual vibration once the car is started. It fluctuates on how bad it is with the RPM range. when I idle, around 700rpm, it's REALLY bad shacking the car so bad you can actually see it shudder when your standing outside the car. When you have it around 1000 rpm or higher the vibration is still there, but it doesn't rattle your head around.

I've checked the motor mounts (checked for deflection) and it seems to be ok. I can still stick my hand between the bottom of the engine (oil pan) and the front suspension....so that leads me to believe it's ok.

Plus the previous owner told me, I have paper work proving this, the mounts were replaced only 3000 miles ago (yes, I've had it for almost a year now and haven't even driven it over 1000 miles yet!). He said when they replaced them (ford) they put in solid mounts.

Vernon thinks that it's from a slightly offset pressure plate. when I put the pressure plate on I attached it using the "ford" bolts. the Ford bolts do not have shoulders on them, nor was there alignment pins. When I put the PP on, there was some play in it from side to side....I did my best to center it in the holes. I've had an email out to Dan at 5-star Ford in Arizona (the guy I got all the parts from) asking him about this. So far no response (which is really strange...he must be on vacation or something).

Anyway, if you have any other ideas, I'm game!

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 01:40 PM
hmmm

my cousin did the same thing in his camaro but it wasn't that bad. We replaced the clutch and didnt align the clutch withthe alignment tool and probably didnt get the pressure plate in right cuz we broke a bolt and had to get it extracted...then we used another bolt......well long story short everytime he hit the gas in gear it would shudder like a sumbitch

so we changed it againand it went away

anyway,how many miles you got on your car and have you replaced hg's yet???

mine only shuddered te times when my hg's went. yep they have gonne twice

al

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 01:55 PM
97K and original head gasgets. It didn't shudder when it had the AOD in it (which I actually drove for a little bit until I got fed up w/OD not working and then 3rd gear going out). It has only occcured since I put in the 5-speed. http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/sarge/Sad_anim.gif

mannysc
04-12-2002, 02:01 PM
ok you post op whores dont make this into the longest thread TBK homey did you install the pilot bearing into crank?

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 02:08 PM
were you aware that the 5 speed engines cam with a different cam, ask dr fred maybe he knows whats going on

al

mannysc
04-12-2002, 02:10 PM
whats the cam got to do got to do with it . opps yeah the auto is slightly less lift

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 02:12 PM
I thought the engines were exactly the same. U sure 'bout that?

Manny,

Yes, installed the pilot bearing. I'm wondering if it's in there a little sideways or something (just a LITTLE offset)...if it is, then it'll rub REALLY hard against the input shaft of the tranny. I put it in squarly and had it seated firmly against the end of the crank shaft.

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 02:21 PM
the block is exactly the same but the cam i think is different. when he was sending me suggestions about what to do when i was rebuilding my engine, he suggested that i change to the 89 manual cam because it was different...i dunno too much but i know they ARE color coded

al

mannysc
04-12-2002, 02:25 PM
yeah the autos had a little less lift than the stickcam but that shouldnt cause a viberation maybe flywheel miss align ment or bellhousing not aligned, the book says flywheels are balanced to engine are bolt holes stagered if not maybe not in right position out of balance, I dont know!!! have to see in person

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 02:30 PM
well like i said i dot knw much but if they gave it more lift and ur engine is shuddering maybe it has something to do with it.

al

more than likely manny is right

mannysc
04-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Im gonna get up at 2;00 am and post all the post I can then Ill have the post whore title for so calif.........!!!!!!!! p.s. ROOKIES

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 02:42 PM
When you put on the flywheel there is only ONE way it'll go on. When you look at these pictures it appears they are the same spacing, but they aren't. Same thing with the pressure plate.

http://sc.tbkhomeworld.com/pics/swap/93-swap_0002.jpg

http://sc.tbkhomeworld.com/pics/swap/93-swap_0004.jpg

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 02:49 PM
yeah i think flywheels in most cars only go in one way, have you checked your universal joints???

maybe the pressure plate is defective or you craked some teeth or whatever you call em

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 02:58 PM
You don't EVEN wanna get me started on post whoring. I'll bring out a script and smack both of your butts down!

http://www.gamingforyou.co.uk/mysmilies/contrib/dvv/esmil.gif

I'm not really sure how the bellhousing could be missaligned. I tried very hard to work around the bolts like you do putting a tire or rim on, you know, criscrossing while tightening them down. Also, there is alignment dowels and I really don't think you can mess that up too bad.

I also did the star pattern while attaching the flywheel and pressure plate. I'm not saying that I couldn't have POSSIBLY messed this up, I'm just saying I was being as careful as someone could be.

*shrugs*

If I can find some silly shoulder bolts that'll fit then I'm going to drop the tranny this weekend and put in new bolts. if anyone wants to help, your more than welcome too!

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 03:23 PM
heh u tech guys flex ur e-brains so much...i do whorign the od fashioned way...i post em myself...natural whore haha

i would help tbk but its a pretty heftydrive to sd and im in a desperated need for study time....taking a full course of engineering classes and working 25 hours week in an engineering job is pretty time consuming, not to mention temperamental sc, temperamental gf, and temperamental parents....is it them or is it really me?

al

TBKHomeworld
04-12-2002, 03:37 PM
That's ok....I didn't think I want a whore like you underneath the car with me anyway! No telling what you'll try! LOL

al35thsc
04-12-2002, 04:02 PM
well, if i was gonna do some whoring it was gonna be under my own car anyway!

gonna do some touch ups and whatever free "mods" i can do, maybe i'll put in the toggle for the high speed fan or maybe i can go to the bone yards (hehe i said bone again, hope mandi don't read it) and do the cup holder mod.

al

i wouldn't try anything you havent done before hehehe

Mandis Tbird
04-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Hey @#%$--guess who it is--MANDI...and yeah i read it....just playing with ya--u better be laughing over there. =0)

Mandi =0)
Torrance, Cali
3.8 '97 T-bird

TBKHomeworld
04-13-2002, 01:06 PM
I just got a response from the Dan at 5-star Ford. He said he has a new early model pressure plate coming in Monday. He'll look at it and send me the right stuff. ZOOT!

mercury65
04-13-2002, 09:38 PM
i did not read your simtoms but i bet your vibe is from your tail shaft bushing in the tranny this happen to a friends mustang he could not fig it out

al35thsc
04-16-2002, 11:23 AM
hey i didnt get mandis post...splain pleaze

al

RonzSC
04-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Al...
This is getting weird man!
Ron

al35thsc
04-16-2002, 12:11 PM
hey ron,

i got some sucky ~~~ seat covers on the sc for the time being...did u ever find the suede material anywhere? my guy can only put in grey leather, im thinking that wouldn't look too bad but i would prefer suede

al

RonzSC
04-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Al...Oh yeah. I had the guy set-up to do either the suede or the OEM replacement stuff called Katzkin.
Good thing I didn't do the seats yet. Getting in and out of the car has totally trashed the seats. They were bad before but now they are destroyed. I use this thing called a slide board and it digs into the seats and they are really cracked now.
I'll talk to you more about the uphostery at the drags Sunday. I have prices and everything.
Later,
Ron

al35thsc
04-17-2002, 07:39 PM
dude, you should see what mine look like, they ahve been torn for so friggin long now, i finally broke down and bought seat covers cuz i was too ashamed to keep them like that any longer

al