Ground strap location?

Like livn said, the other motor mount has on too. It goes under the air cleaner assembly somewhere. There is also on on the back side of the drivers side head at the fire wall.

That 3rd ground location. Does that go for all year SC's? I have a 91 and am troubleshooting a possible bad ground somewhere, I've improved the ones on the motor mounts, but don't see this 3rd one. Help.
Irv

Yes it's drivers side. I just installed my engine in my 1990 SC. I remember it being there.

Thanks.

I guess my mechanic didn't reconnect the ground since I don't see and ground cable or connection to the driver side head.
Its pretty clean back there since I just had it rebuilt, so its not that I can't see it, just not there. There is a bolt in the rear of the head with nothing attached. If this is the bolt that a ground should be connected to, where in the engine compartment should it be grounded?
Sorry to be slow, if anyone has pictures, it would be appreciated.
thanks
Irv

darriantbird,
Were you having any weird electrical problems before you added that 3rd ground? My electrical is strobling/pulsating while the engine is running, can't seem to find a fix for it. I thought this 3rd ground might be my answer.

Thanks
Irv

I looked at mine, that ground goes into the fuel injector harness so I'm guessing that is the injector ground. Look for a loose wire coming out of a bigger harness wrapped in plastic loom.

Livn,

Still having the problem.

I didn't see a 3rd ground on the rear of the driver side head and I havn't had a chance to trace the ground for the fuel injector rail. Things are pretty tight in there and everything is wrapped up tight in black tape, it won't be easy without having to remove some items on the top of the engine to get a good look. Although the car is running ok, the strobing is annoying!!! plus I do feel it, slightly, when accelerating. There are maybe a few minutes where it stops doing it, then just comes back.

Are you having this problem still?

My guess is that if you didn't have the ground hooked up your car wouldn't even run if that ground is for the injectors which it looks like it is. Maybe the mechanic hooked it up somewhere else? You might get a good look from under the car looking up along the firewall.

Thats exactly what I did this past weekend and couldn't see any noticeable ground to (chassis or block) wire for ground.
I'll end up taking it somewhere to get it looked at.

driver's side head back ground

FYI

The ground wire that is on the driver's side head and goes into the wire harness is the O2 ground. I forgot the EEC pin number it relates to.

Usually when this wire is off you get an ENGINE CK light though.

ok, I did see that wire connected to the sensor on the exhaust manifold. All looked well there.

Not getting an CK engine light.

Back