Supercharger Pro's Help ASAP!

Toms-SC

Howdy,

I'm currently rebuilding my new style (94-95) Eaton M90. I am using the directions that Dr.Fred gave. I am stumped on the step that says remove the:
Remove the key way. (What/Where is it, how do you remove it)
Remove the seal retainer. (I think I got this, it was a little clip)
Remove the seal. (What/Where is it, how do you remove it)
Update_0048.JPG

Please get back to me ASAP! Thanks :)

Remove the blower from the car.
Drain all fluid from the blower.
Remove the pulley nut
Remove the pulley. (use a 3 pronged 2” pulley puller)
Remove the key way.
Remove the seal retainer.
Remove the seal.
Remove the bolts (in a cross pattern) that retain the snout to the blower housing. (The bolts go through the 1” plate and screw into the Blower housing.)
Remove the snout. (Use a plastic hammer to tap the end of the snout to break loose the snout.)
Set the blower housing with the plate aside.
Remove the shaft. (Use a plastic hammer to drive the shaft to the rear of the snout. The front bearing will stay in the snout.)
Remove the front bearing from the snout housing. (Use a wooden dowel to drive the bearing forward.)
Use the hydraulic press to remove the rear bearing and the aluminum drive from the shaft. Be careful not to damage the drive. Note that the end of the shaft and the drive are knurled (splined).

The key is in the keyway and is that bump on the shaft. It comes out of there and should be replaced with a new key when reinstalled. Hardware stores should have them.

The seal is that metal facing you see. Use a seal pick, or screw some sheet metal screws into the face of the seal and pull it out of the bore with them. Be careful not to score the bore.

Attachments

• frrontedit.jpg
    frrontedit.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 210
:) Thanks, haven't tried again yet. I got carried away taking the rest apart.

A few more questions: Should I be worried about these scratchs? They arent deep, you cant feel them if your drag your finger over top.
DCP_0745.JPG

I guess this peice is called the coupler? Well I pulled an ******* move and dropped the spring out before I took a look at it. When reassembling it should the arm go to the left or the right of the spring?
Spring.jpg

While the thing is apart is there anything you guys want a picture of?

The dowel goes into the round part (left). The rotors are pretty worn, but you can’t really do anything about it. Make sure if you have the stock filter box that the air filter is properly sealed to the top ov the box so you don’t end up sucking dirt.

Jeff

Back