difference between sc heads

i dont think there is any difference, what re you trying to do,, swap heads?, i know they are both aluminum, and if you are looking to swap, and i am sure they are capable of doing that.

Last edited:
The 94-95 heads have a different part number and may have a slightly revised cooling passage size.

Regardless, they should bolt up just fine, though it's recommended that you don't mix and match the early heads with the late ones.

From the old TBSCEC forums and fred 4 pt 3:
A further update - I can't see or measure any difference in springs, but on looking closely at the two types of heads, I may have found something. It looks like the cooling jacket on the early ones is just a bit bigger than the later ones. So maybe Ford decided on thicker decks during the 94 redesign because of the HG reliability issues. I have maintained that the problem is with the blocks, there, anyway. So I don't think there is any issue with a mix and match of valvecover gaskets, springs, or later head/early block. But I would NOT equip an engine with one late head and one early head. The year is on the foundry stamp at the right of the exhaust side.

Back