MN12 IRS Pinion Brace

Rich Thomson

Coming 2004 MN12 Performance will be selling a IRS Pinion brace simular in design to the Cobra brace. The MN12 version will fit all 89-97 Thunderbirds, Cougars, and Mark VIII cars. The prototype brace see below will not be the exact production piece. We have not settled on the final production design. Price for the brace will be around $200 and will be a bolt-on piece. Pinion angle will be fixed and better control of the driveline anle will be achieved. Wheel hop issues will be reduced as well as reducing driveline vibration at high speeds. For thoes who have not see how the pinion brace fits we will have more pictures of the brace mounted on the subframe later next month. Until then I will explain. The two farthest mounting holes attach to the lower front control arm subframe. The other two closer mounting holes slide under the pinion bushings to secure the pinion from moving.

IRS_brace_lg.jpg

IRS_brace_lg2.jpg

Looks pretty good Rich, I was wondering how long it would take one of you people to design and market one of those. How long are you forseeing before full production? And how come you haven't posted this over on TCCoA?

P.S. have you ever thought about a "Coming Soon" or an "Under Developement" section on your website for these pet projects of yours?

If I'm not mistaken, Rich did post this over on TCCoA a few days ago. :)

Keep the new stuff coming Rich !!

cheers
Ed N.

This piece would be a benefit to handling if anything ... potentially less movement of the lower suspension pieces. People that install a similar type of brace on the 99 - 01 Mustang Cobras with IRS report a difference.

cheers
Ed N.

Availability & Postage

Rich, When can I send you the money? I'm Not joking!!!!! Anything that might actually reduce HWH is worth trying! I still want the first one!!!!

Does the Diff. pinion brace come with poly bushings? Us 5-spd SC guys need all the help we can get, taming HWH!!!!!

68COUGAR

fast Ed N: Do you think this would be worth it for my car? I'd like to start doing local lapping day events. Check my members page for current modifications. I know new tires are going to be a must.

Tom, anything you can do to stiffen the chassis of the car without adding too much weight should help in cornering situations. But good tires, shocks, and LOTS of driving practice are your best bet to start off with.

cheers
Ed N.

SDbird said:
would the brace clear the exhaust ?

Yes the brace will clear the exhaust system. What good would a brace be if it didn't?

After I bolt it back up to the car and take a few pictures I will post them.

Back