Another exhaust question

35th T-bird SC

Will I be safe to run a 5% pulley with STOCK manifolds but removing cats and going with a Supercoupe performance cat back system. (Like maybe the cheaper on they have with flowmasters and magaflow for HP no more than 250-275)or else it is too much back pressure with the flowmasters.

from what i hear putting a 5% pulley on your SC isnt extremely risky. Even with a slightly modified exhaust you should be fine with a 5% pulley. The 10% pulley is where your really taking a risk. so i say go for it and enjoy the extra HP!

im sure im sure a couple others will chime in and give you there opinion also.

hope that helps
walter

What kind of Horsepower gains am I looking at with the pulley and that exhaust and a removed air silencer? Would the computer need reprogrammed with the pulley?

Here's another option I might try (cheaper option) T-bird88's down tubes with no cats wrapping around tranny into a magnaflow resonator then back to the stock mufflers. What kind of sound would this produce and will it be plenty of folw for a 5% pulley? It's either this way or the S.C.Performance resonator back flowmaster setup.

Back