anyone know how to remove the faceplate.

darkstar_one

anyonek now how to remove the faceplate from the AC controls ineed to replace some bulbs and i seems impossible to take it off..

special $5.00 tool shaped like a "U" fits in the 2 holes on both sides or cut and bend a piece of coat - hanger.. tool is best.

They are know as DIN removal tools. The faceplate for the A/C controls won't come off, you'll end up pulling the whole head unit out of the dash.

The tool is sold in pairs and is available at any auto parts store and many audio installation shops as it's used to remove din radios as well.

The tools fit in the little holes on either side of the faceplate, press some latches in, allowing the unit to be pulled out.

You have to remove the whole unit. Then you can get to the bulbs from the back of the a/c unit after removing a cover. One problem is that those bulbs are VERY HARD to find. It will help if you have a spare a/c module that you can steal from. I once found the bulbs at Radio Shack, but they don't carry them anymore.

Ford has same lamp but they are in a scoket that wont fit in the SC climate control. I just removed the lamp from the new scocket by straitning the lead wires (very carefuly) and install in old scocket and reinstalled. The lamps are around $4.00 ea. I do not know what the new lamps fit, I just took the old lamp and matched it up with the new one.

Back