Is this exhuast setup good enough for a 10% pulley

SC90_Pete

I'm looking at this setup for my 90 Supercoupe and was wondering if this would flow enough to handle a 10% pulley.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It starts out with sccoa high flow cats 2.25" y into a 3" pipe through a borla xr-1 race muffler y into 2.5" flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers and the 3" goes around the gas tank.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think guys. Thanks in advance
-Pete

repla ce those flowmaster they dont flow.

btw the 5% pulley is a better compromise you dont lose so much power at the top end.

High Flow Sewer Pipe

The exhaust you spec'ed out will handle a 10%. Are cats required where you live? If not why restrict the exhaust flow with'em? The resonator will keep the exhaust tone low.

I have the SCCoA Big Dawg, 2.5" down pipes w/o cats, w/o resonator. It's gets very ricey when I race & has a very loud D-R-0-N-E between 1800 & 2000 rpm.

68COUGAR

turbospeed said:
repla ce those flowmaster they dont flow.

btw the 5% pulley is a better compromise you dont lose so much power at the top end.

Flowmasters flow just fine. Comparable to most Magnaflow & Dynomax products.

Last edited:
arguing and stating opinions on mufflers is just like arguing oranges over apples and who likes the flavor better. I just bought a complete flowmaster system and I'm fully confident I will be happy with it. By the way pete, how much boost are you pushing with the new exhaust?

Havn't bought an exhaust yet, just checking things out and coming up with a plan. Unfortunately cats are required in IL.

Pete,

The exhaust you mentioned sounds like the same size as the SCP system with 3" center pipe that I have. I would reccomend going from your downpipes/cats straight into a resonator (dual 2.5" in and single 3" out) instead of doing the "Y" and a 3" in and 3" out muffler.

Even with cats it will flow good enough to support 350 rwhp, so I wouldn't worry about the 10% pulley.

David

Back