Need Torque Specs Quick

SC UL8R1990

hey guys. Just need to know the torque specs for the 4 supercharger top bolts, the torque spec for the collar nut connecting the top to the intercooler tube, and the 2 bolts that tighten the intercooler tube to the intercooler itself.

i really appreciate it.
walter

p.s.- if anybody has torque specs for many of the parts on the sc , please email to me or post them here, so i have them on record. thanks!:cool:

Here ya go.
Four Supercharger mounting bolts (8mm)14-22ft lbs (12mm)52-70ft lbs. Collar nut 148 ft lbs. and SC outlet retaining bolts 15-22 ft lbs.

20 lbs and you'll have a handful of metal shavings. Go screwdriver tight and not one bit tighter on all of the S/C top nuts and studs.. By that I mean put your hand over the head of the wrench. Tighten them as much as you can by hand and that will be fine. Don't forget to seal the base of the S/C top with a razor thin layer of sensor safe copper RTV. The collar nut needs to be tightened as stated. The IC tube nuts can be tightened to 15 lbs, but you'll have difficulty getting a torque wrench on them at all. Nothing on the SC top should be tightened to 50 lbs. It'll be heli-coil city if you do that.

I believe 35thT-Bird Sc was referring to the front bolt that acually holds the SC to the intake.

You are right. the threads in the SC case for the top are fragile.

The numbers I quoted are right out of the factory tech manual and I have used the upper range for my install.

For the intercooler I just used my ratcheting 13mm handwrench and got it tight. Its hard to be over 20lbs torque with a small hand wrench. I did check my torque at the top nut on the intercooler to make sure I was in the ballpark. Obviously you try
to get them even too.

Also I learned from DLF

"I believe the blower connections, both inlet and top, call for Loctite 518, an anaerobic sealer."

Last edited:
Back