2002 WRX vs Stock 90 SC

SC90_Pete

Yeah so my brother bought a real nifty 2002 WRX that is fully loaded and has been bragging like a mad man to my brother and I about how he can beat us. My other brother owns a 2000 Mustang GT with 20,000 miles on it and I own a 90 SC with a smooth 64,000 miles on it. My SC is bone stock except for the removed air silencer. So it ends up he came into town on saturday and brought the little rice mobile and we raced. Twice we raced and I destroyed him even with my crappy tires. I was suprised that I beat him because when I drove the wrx, even though it has 0 and I mean 0 low end torque when you shift that auto trany manually it pulls pretty good at 3k rpm and i thought he'd catch up to me. Unfortunately for him, the sc blew him out of the hole even while smoking the tires for a good 4 seconds and I stayed a good car's length ahead of him and he couldn't pull on me. Once his turbo spooled up though I couldn't pull on him either, we were pretty much dead even in acceleration, thank god for the torque that we have :D

That's pretty cool... Considering I have a 2002 WRX with only the Silencer removed and the muffler removed (makes it seem more like a Rally Car) and my G-Tech reports a 0-60 of 5.2s and my 1/4mile is 14.3 (I suck at launching.... I've heard 14.1 is not too uncommon). I just picked up an '89' Super Coupe... so we'll see how the mods go on that.

Ah, auto? did you say auto. If thats the case disregard it, its no win. Racing an auto wrx is like sprinting against your grandma. Subaru designed the auto like a ... well its just not there. Subaru makes way more manuals than autos. The auto was designed to hold up to us abusive americans. plus, the auto was derieved from the slow NA 2.5l cars that are not fast by any means ...165hp, come on!

Try your luck on a manual, that would be a better race. a guy in our club has a stage 2 auto and it runs mid 14s ... I ran a 14.2 stock... at stage 2 I was 13.2-13.5 and at stage 3 ,,, well the tracks are closed...im pushing for high 12s.

Tell your brother to be a man and drive a real car with a real tranny .. ha just kidding bro! just giving you something to nag your bro with!

Back