Anyone selling a set of HEADS?

R

RonzSC

I'm looking for some good stock heads. Anybody have a set laying around that they want to let go to a nice home?
Thanks,
Ron

haha ron is soliciting head on the bbs lol

seriously you thinking of porting and polishing some extra heads?

al

ps i need to know of a place where they can do a performance rebuild, ie p&p heads, molly rings and all new machined seats and seals, i dont want this mofugga leaking anything AND who have experience with SCs

Al...
Sometime this summer I hope to do the top end. I want to get the materials lined-up so that we can R&R everything without any hitches. I wouldn't mind getting a fresh set of new Heads from Ford, if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere.
There are a ton of great machine shops and engine builders out your way that will do a good job for you. You could always go with Keith Black, or Pink or one of those high dollar guys.

I'm going to run my SC a couple more times this year before I tear it down. I am trying to concentrate on the interior at the moment.
Later,
Ron

sounds cool ron, hope your anyv sc is coming out nice.

im thinking of a very mild full rebuild. molly or zero gap rings, port and polish with same valves and felpro gaskets every where. im trying to make the damn thing run like new. looks i can care less....the car is only to make me confortable and i am more comfortable knowing that the car can do 140 for half hour and not over heat, pop, or break lol

al

Ron, I was at the Monrovia Pick-A-Part and another nearby junkyard yesterday, and keeping an eye out for heads for you, but saw no SC's or XR7's at all.

I had visions of my car being there someday and all the vultures picking over its "bones" - gave me the creeps. I'll try to prolong that as much as possible.

Thanks John and Al...
I figured that it might take me a couple of months to find what I wanted and I planned to start on the Heads in May or so. Feb and March I am concentrating on getting the seats redone and getting my "tunes" up to speed.

John, I have a notion to believe that your SC will continue to evolve to a faster and faster ride every year. Hopefully, I will be more competitive after I install my flux capcitor.

i was looking for seat covers for mine just because i am broke as a joke, but i have a friend who does upholstery. i will ask him to give me an estimate on real suede and leather and if tis cheap im gonna do the driv seat first. depepnding on how it looks i will let you guys know and see if u guys are interested. he works at a shop doing this, but says he can do sidejobs cheaper.

al

Al...
I haven't yet decided on the type of product I am going to use on my SC interior. There is a cool product out that was developed for Ford's with the suede insert that I might try.
I have contacted a real nice shop here in Ventura County that I am going to have stitch my seats.
Later,
Ron

this went from heads to seats but i to need to have my black leather repaird on both my front seats i have i friend that had there honda done at this shop and the did a good job and she told me were it is dident rember the name. i just need to go by there and get a quote

Mercury65...
I'm still looking for the HEADS and probably will go with the new bare Heads for Ford.
Sounds like you may have a good line on the seat cover deal. I have the suede insert on my seats that has cracked and fallen in a sad state these days.
Later,
Ron

Ron, I have a set of SC heads I'll give you for a cool $100 bill. They need to be disassembled and cleaned up before you can use them, but if you are going to P&P them anyway then that's not an issue. I can deliver them to the O.C. area around June 30th

jasonLmarsh@yahoo.com

$100 for sc heads aint bad . no alex I said heads young unn alex I didnt realize you were so young dude next time Im in L.A. Ill buy you a happy meal.lol :cool: :rollin:

Thanks Jason.... I sent you an e-mail confirming the deal.

Yes Manny, Al is very young. If we were in Colorado, I don't think he would be old enough to buy 3.2 beer.
He is one big cowboy however.
Ron

Jason,
I already have sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you received it.
BTW...has anyone told y ou that you've got some great karate moves?
Ron

hahaha, thanks. Actually Demmitt almost got to see my "real" Karate moves in person last year, but cooler heads prevailed.

Anyway, I got your mail and I'll hook up with you before I leave for CA to get your phone # and stuff.

Interesting about the karate. We are big into Shotokan style. My older brother and I trained under Charles Fields when we were pups and now my kids have tested under him as he is the main sen sei for all of the Western Region.
My youngest daughter is sooo good! After all I've been through and I end up breaking my leg slipping in the bathroom. Who can figure.
See you in June Jason.
Ron

Dude isn't that the luck. I've been in martial arts I studied Southern Shotokan style for about a year, then I switched to American Kenpo for another year then switched to Karate for a year, I got Blue belts in all of those styles, then I switched to Olympic Taekwondo and have done that for the past 4 years. I'm testing for my 2nd degree Black Belt this fall. It's hard to find a good sensei, and it took me that long to find one that was worth investing my time in. Most of the american instructors are only in it for the money, and that is tough on the students who really want to learn the art... Not just "buy a belt"

Karate has changed alot since the old days of my youth. I often tell the instructor of my kids "I don't remember that move that way".
We will exchange a bit and agree that Shotokan is changed into a sport and exercise and away from a true martial art as we studied.
Now I use to be a bald-headed little boy at this monastery in China and they called me Grasshopper...oh that's another story.
Later,
Ron

Back