radio fails to play

jack steffen

93 sc with jbl audio fails to power up. pulled radio and pluged into my ford pickup works find. checked wire connecter to radio gray green strip wire unknow,black ground ok, yellow black strip voltage with key on ok. blue red strip voltage with headlights on ok,pink black strip voltage with key on dial light i thinkok black green strip unknow,blue unknow no voltage.only thing that works are the knob lights when installed in the t-bird. whats up? any help would be appreciated thanks.

the memory fuse under the hood in box near battery has something to do with the radio mine wouldnt work when it was bad

On the cover of that black box(under your hood) it will say memory fuse. When my radio wasn't working they told me to check it. I pulled it out, looked at it, and found that it wasn't blown. so i just cleaned off the plugs/prongs (whatever you wanna call them) on the fuse and pluged it back in. Radio worked fine.

big thanks. replaced memory fuse and radio works fine.wonder what function this memory circuit does else where in the car? if anything

jackson

Back