installing shortened A/C condensor

joenintiesc

My friend and I are going to install out Aircon shortened A/C condensors this weekend. He has a '94 and I have a "90.

Besides having to remove the radiator to get access, is there anything else I should know? Can I just discharge the refrigerant and have it recharged come spring? Do I need to flush the system now before/after install?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

Well, I guess I struck out with help on this one! :(

But nontheless, mission accomplished!:)

It was a bit of a PITA, but here are the highlights (for my '90 only):

- Didn't remove the radiator. Just leaned it back out of the way. (Removed fan shroud, battery and I/C) Probably easier this way in the long run: less mess, and you would constantly have to put the rad back in place to check fitment anyway.

- Had to fabricate new brackets to attach the condensor at the top. Used basic metal "L" brackets. Drilled new mounting holes.

-On the bottom we reused the rubber feet, but had to elongate the slots and glue them in place. The metal tabs on the bottom of the rad/condensor support (that hold the rubber feet in place), are not used.

-Had to dremel a section of the rad mounting brace out (top, A/C side) to fit the thick wiring cable that lays across the top of the condensor back in place.

-Had to bend the metal brace that comes with the new condensor, the brace the holds the IN/OUT fittings on the condensor. It had to be bent to clear the metal support surrounding the rad enclosure.

Basically we had to follow the 4C rule.

Custom= Can't fit, Curse, and Cut.:mad: ;)

That is correct 93SC. A real nice direct flow to the IC. Nothing in the way now.

Sorry I didn't read this Joe. I did mine last summer. Could have told ya it was a walk in the park.

Anthony

Was there a noticable differance? I remember when we dyno tuned my 35th we had to tape up the fromt end quite a bit before we got some flow through the IC. Wonder if it's almost the same effect as a IC fan.

Back