Clutch Slipping And Etc!!!

SCBiscuit

ERRRG THIS FREAKING CAR!!!.. the clutch is loosing grip and its fairly new.. i also had a leak a few weeks ago in the hydraulics for the clutch a friend and i bled the clutch. the leak was never traced... like two days after the repair it was limp again..we filled it up it went limp sometime last week again....filled it up then had no problems.... then thiis morning it was cold.. i went and moved the car ONE block.. it got stuck in gear... looked and no fluid was missing... pumped it and it was up to par again... this muthaflippin car is getting on my nerves..... great performer.. but right now im the one whose being forced to dance...ARRRGH!!! im thinkin new slave cylinder and whole new clutch pressure plate(cuz the slipping)..futre is bleek.... later fellas. if there is anyone in the Hampton Roads VA area that drives a manual SC let me know ..i need some advice/help/expertise

Time for a new slave clyinder

Same problem with mine a while back...new slave cylinder and all is well.

Get out your checkbook...slave is internal...whole tranny has to come out.

putting check book back

i do my own work no one I MEAN NO FoRd or paid mechanic tocuhes my car.. just me or a very very trusted freind. im about to order from rockauto

Any one of those will fit from rock auto. Just different name brands. I got my clutch set from rock auto two weeks ago. (Borg Warner). May as well replace the release bearing if your doing slave cylinder unless you had the set the first time.

If you are loosing fluid, it's going somewhere. If you can't see it off the master cylinder, that might mean that the slave cylinder was leaking. Getting that hydraulic fluid on the clutch facing could destroy it making it useless and prone to slipping.

Back