speedo gear

SlicksNchicks

well puttin in a eaton posi and 3.73's...would a 23 tooth speedo gear be the best to correct the speedo? anyways any info appreciated...dan if you want the 3.27's there yours fo free just lemme know and ill bring em to work one night or you can pick em up at the shop...sam

Sam, thanks for the offer, but I've already got a 3:27 pumpkin sitting in my garage , that i keep as a spare in case I kill my 3:55's. My friend Bob and I pulled it from a boneyard SC a while back.

The 23 tooth gear will get you as close as possible with the speedo, you might want to check out the Cyberdyne speedo calibrator to fine tune it from there.

Scya at the store.

Hey Sam, if you don't mind me asking, what did that change set you back, I'm toying with either a gear change on my 95 or a '99 Cobra Diff replacement with 3.73s in it...

Oh, and who's doing the work for ya...

RJ

Rj...well we would have normally done it ourselves but I needed it done today so we took it to Volusia Drivetrain on State st. in holly hill...i cant really say what he gave it to me for because i know he hooked me up...but avg pricing from what i understand is i wanna say upper 500 low 600 range for new ring and pinion, new differential (he only uses Eaton), install kit (bearings, shims, etc.), and of course the install...Tim is the best in the biz...I dont have his number off hand but hes in the phone book under Volusia Drivetrain...tell him Sam from Daytona Street sent ya and he should give you a very fair estimate..we deal with a lot and i mean A LOT of mustangs...gear change is the best mod you can do to those things...just some examples of stuff we work on..Boss's 97 cobra puttin down 498 rwhp, ati procharged 01 stang, 01 procharged roush, 01 gt runnin 13.10's with minor bolt ons (gears, exhaust, air intake, pro 5.0 shifter, etc), and probably about 30 different fox body's...if you ever have questions Rj come down to the shop and ill introduce you to Darril...knows more about fords then anone i know...he has a couple of 8sec mustangs under his belt not to mention about a million other things.

thank you JJ thats exactly what i needed...

and dan..looks like it didnt matter....i tore two teeth off the pinion so the gears were useless anyways lol...

sam

3.73'S......holy $hit!! talk about a difference....i wasnt crazy about em until i saw the dif they made..put about 5 car lengths on a 02 gt up to about 60mph when i slowed down and was still pullin with ease....sam

SlicksNchicks said:
3.73'S......holy $hit!! talk about a difference....i wasnt crazy about em until i saw the dif they made..put about 5 car lengths on a 02 gt up to about 60mph when i slowed down and was still pullin with ease....sam

That's what I love to hear!!! Hey Sam are you going with us next weekend to Ocala??
RJ

i might be able to..lemme know what times and where...i have to work at publix though....i think sat i have to be there at 4pm...so if yall are there i could head over in the afternoon and say howdy...lemme know....sam

Back