NECO engine installation

aft

Hi Guys:
My '95 engine was replaced by NECO through E & E Automotive in Modesto, California. $2,578 went to them on 9/10/03. Car released on 10/09/03 with payment of $1,716.91 to E & E. Found these problems: broken radio antenna, oil dip stick tip broken off, ignition lock broken, supercharger air inlet tube gouged. Car has been at Ford garage for repairs for about a month awaiting parts and installation. Estimated cost $450.00 which insurance should pay except for deductible.
Radiator was rodded and cleaned. Beware! The stock radiator cannot take the removal and replacement of the top of the radiator. It leaked and has been replaced, another $800.

I have four SC's and plan to keep them until they or I expire. Let me know any experiences on engine repairs. The other three Birds will need engines down the line.

Al Talley
:mad:

I am having oil problems which may or may not lead to eventual engine replacement; I will be considering the use of Jasper if this happens.

Just out of curiousity? How many miles on that SC when you replaced the engines, and on your others? What oil have you used?

Radiator

Yes, that price was for purchase, flush and new fluid. I found the price outrageous, but it was the same all around here

Wow I could have saved you about $300.00 on the rad. My hand built Aluminum rads dont cost that much...jeez!!!:(

I HAD A BAD WATER PUMP

WHEN THE FORD DEALER GOT DONE THE TIMING CASE WAS LEAKING..FINLLAY DID THE REPAIRS MYSELF..................DAUGHTERS SC WAS A 1000 FOR COIL AND DIS.......................TOOK IT OUT TO THE STORE CAME OUT 1/2 HOUR LATER AND IT WOULDN,T START............................ CHARGED AND OTHER 250 FOR STARTER AND CABLE...I DON,T GO THERE ANY MORE ...FAST FREDDIE:confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Man, I had a 3 row Modeen core put in mine for $250.00, and I live in the most expensive auto repair market in the continental U.S.

Back