Interesting story for those who want to hear

Tony8470

This goes to show why it is always good to own 2 MN-12's

Me and a buddy of mine get off work at 1 or so in the morning, with the intent to go to the local BMW dealership to get us some sweet tires. We get there to find that all the tires are either bald or not in our size (better luck next time). Now the car won't start. Sitting there for an hour or so finding what the problem was, wondering if the cops are going to show up and interrogate us, he calls his friend to jump me. Well he drives a civic and the econobox cant handle the job. By 3 or so we finally decide that we are going back to get his camaro to jump it. Well we get there and it starts no problem. But my voltage guage is ticking like theres an earthquake. When I get home I'm hopin that its just the battery as I can temporarily use the SC's battery, since its being worked on for the winter. Luckily the SC's battery was still working. Hopefully it works long enough till the next tire trip! It was too bad, they had some nice 17" z rated tires there too.

I think they were going to take the used tires they stack by the building to recycle that were replaced even though they weren't bad.

Jeff

Stupid actually. If the cops saw you do it you'd have been arrested most likely. Theft is theft in their eyes. Better to just go and ask them in broad daylight. They'd probably give them to you.

haha actually the city we were in, the police really don't do anything to anyone, unless you have tint. My buddy was doing donuts and they let him go. I talk to the police every now and then, they say themselves they do donuts at the mall parking lot. Not only that, the tires were refuse. Its not illegal to go through refuse that is let out to be taken by the garbage trucks. Now dont start getting techical on me, because frankly.....I don't care. I just thought it was a funny story. :D

I got to pick over the used tires at the Hoosier tent at the Valvoline Run Offs this past year. I came home with only one good set because of the size I was looking for. The Hoosier people were really nice. They even gave me the key to there personal haller outside of the track so I could go threw the tires in it to.

Shane

now thats pretty sweet, free tires are good tires, especially when you have an extra set of rims to toast them up on. One after another.

ive honestly never heard of grabbin used tired from a dealership, since they toss em anyways. Good call, im gunna keep an eye out from now on!:cool:

I've been grabbing used tires at dealerships and tire shops for years for my beaters..

Sometimes, when you go during the day, they help you pick out what's good and what's not (like which ones have punctures, etc).. Their's a reason they just leave them out like that: It costs them a couple of $$'s a tire to get rid of them.. if you pick up a couple off 'em, then they don't have pay to get rid of them..

I've gotten 4 or 5 sets of snows, 7 sets of drag radials, 2 full sets of all-seasons that were literally brand new (one of them, the guy came in, got them put on, but found them too loud. 300km later, he comes back and buys another set).. list goes on. And I take them with the shop owners' blessings..

Back