Fuse for Viper Alarm

Crusader

Hello everyone,

I hope your holidays are going well.
I have a 90 SC and I bought it with a Viper Alarm system already installed.
For some weird reason the alarm goes off at random whenever it wants to. I could have just armed it and locked the doors and two seconds later it will go off.
since I didnt have the time to take it anywhere to get it fixed, I removed the alarm horn so it won't wake anyone up at 2am anymore.
Unfortunatly, the alarm still drains power from the battery when it goes off and it has died twice so far.
I just want to remove the fuse for the alarm once and for all until I am ready to get it fixed.
Where would that fuse be? In the fuse box itself, or in the car where the alarm was installed. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch =)

Have a Happy New Year!

Usually the fuse will be right near the "brain" of the alarm. If you find the main connector look for the red wire. You can even pull the plug on the brain so the whole system shuts off. I had an Alpine on mine that had no siren and the key chain remote did not work. I just removed the whole thing. The brain is going to be under the dash behind the metal plate under the steering wheel. Mine was located by the relay that controls the starter when you push the brake.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, I'm going to try it out now.

Yep, it worked =)
I found the viper box under the steering wheel and I just unplugged everything from it.

Too bad I have to manually unlock the doors now =/
But at least the battery won't be dying any time soon.
Thanks again =)

Last edited:
Back