The next Thunderbird!

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/rides/rides.html
Codename Daisy
Tue, Jan. 6, 2004 9 p.m. and midnight ET/PT

The one and only Ford Motors — when they build a prototype show car, everyone in the auto industry wants to be a fly on the wall where the secret is blooming. Ford will give unprecedented views and information surrounding "The Next Big Thing." From the clay to the press release, we'll see the journey from concept to its inaugural run on a top-secret racetrack; a track where the few present have all been checked and cleared by top security. And airspace may also have to be cleared.

This installment of Rides will witness the creation of a car that could end up being the next Mustang, Thunderbird or beyond — a new and highly anticipated model that will leave the drawing board as it comes together before our eyes — eyes given never-before-allowed access into the start-to-finish timeline that will turn out this new model.

When it premieres on Jan. 4, 2003 at the world-famous Detroit Auto Show (at 3 p.m. ET), Rides will be there, knowing what is about to be unveiled. With the Rides team already sworn to secrecy (by written legal contract), only one thing can be said at this time: This car will revolutionize the auto industry — bet on it.

What a dumb looking car. Do we really need to spend 50% more on tires??

FYI, here's a pic of another 6-wheeled Ford: the Tyrrell P34:

Attachments

• f016-7_tn.jpg
    f016-7_tn.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 308
that does not have the right to be called a thunderbird....or a car for that matter......what is this world coming too

The brushed stainless-steel vent panel in the front fender is fully functional, according to the engineer who doesn’t work for Jack Roush. “Its function is to look functional, and that’s exactly how it functions,” he observed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thats' almost sig material :D

Anyway if that hadn't been linked on the Autoweek homepage, I'd have been thinking it was one of those gag pages like the CNN ones.

That thing is a discrace to the Ford name. It should be locked up some where where no one will ever see it again and then the designer of it should be publicly humiliated. Or maybe not that harsh? I just hope that they bring back the bird soon and put in it one nice of a wild motor between the fenders.

Shane

Front Bed F-150/Ranger Technology.............I have it on good authority!!!

This is a show car version based on the new upcomming front bed Pick Ups Ford is introducing in our future. You KNOW there is not engine under that long hood. For the car version it is mostly trunk with options for a bed mattress or grassy knoll for pick-nicks. Instead think very small high tech engine like we have in the TC and SC for heavy loads. Mustang slayer this is not. It is a customized future truck to compete against that new 53 Cheby thing.. .automatics only.

Someone tell me this is a joke... PLEASE... PLEASE tell me this is a joke :eek: that thing is hidious.

Cheers,
Luke

Doesn't anyone read the other posts?

Ed had the answer. It is a practical prop car for the upcoming feature based on the "Thunderbirds" ITC TV show from the sixties. The rich chick in the old show had a bubble topped six wheel pink limo.

It was called a "FAB1".

Ford UK assisted in the style design of the new movie car, but it was built by some coachworks company in the UK..

I'm tellin ya, front bed truck technology.:D

Instead of rear wheel steering like the Chevy GM trucks, Ford put an extra set up front.:eek:

Back