Irwindale Report

R

RonzSC

The Beer Baron and my crew cruised down together and we arrived at around 12:45pm. We were met at the gate by Redevil, who was visiting from NJ.
John Shelton, 35th SC and Merc 65 were already there. Al35thSC and his lady arrived shortly thereafter.
Not everyone elected to race, which was cool. I believe John Shelton and 35th SC (Mike) were the only ones racing, along with the "Hot Rod Lincoln".
We held a short meeting and we affirmed some events as follows;
1. May...Coast Cruise starting in Long Beach at the Queen Mary parking lot,
2. June...Day at the Drags at Carlsbad (near San Diego).
3. The Bakersfield Shoot-out in August.

I think it's safe to say that a great time was had by all. Each person was the kind of person that you could spend alot of time getting to know better and spend some time with shooting the breeze.
I felt pretty out of it as I was in the cast and in the wheelchair, but it was worth the inconvenience. My kids seemed to be having fun and that always makes me happy.
My son-in-law brought us down in his Mark VI Lincoln to make it easier on me getting down there. This was a big help.
One of the coolest things that happened was that after we lined-up for a group picture my daughter was pushing me back to our pits when I heard this roar from behind me as John Shelton lite up the Hoosiers and smoked by me. Well, not to be out done, each SC proceeded to do some righteous burn-outs! Even Oscar smoked the hides of the Lincoln. Most impressive gents.

Some observations;
John Shelton has the sweetest and badest SC in these parts,
35th SC (Mike) looks like The Rock,
Al35thSC is a "Hardcore Cowboy",
Merc65 (Robert) is a mechanical genius,
The Beer Baron's SC is tight baby and he is cool!

Well, it's time to start talking it up about the May cruise and perhaps start doing some long-range planning for Carlsbad. Maybe we can race in the morning and then picnic at the beach (or something along that line).

Later,
Ron

In addition to Ron's very accurate report, it seems to me that the color of choice in this area is red or black. Just think, if TBK, Ron and Manny had brought their SC's we would of had 5 black SC's and 3 red ones! It was great meeting everyone and I'm looking foward to the next event! Ron, you are a real trooper!!! I'm glad you could make it out with the whole crew, cast and all. I wish one of us could have towed you down the eighth mile so you could have made a run! I wonder what John Shelton has in store for the next meet, the few times I've seen his car, something is different! Does anyone have any pictures of John or myself racing? Just curious. I have a great digital pic of all of the cars but no way of posting it. Maybe I could e-mail it to one of you so you can post it.
Mike

Gotta hand it to you, Ron - you're a real trooper! Cooking out there in the sun with that cast must have been pretty miserable.

Glad you and your family could make it though!

Yeah, I have to agree with Ron. I had a lot of fun on Sunday. I'm looking forward to spending more time with y'all. I hope everyone gets the gremlins out of their motor for the cruise (TBK and Merc) so we can all have fun.

Keep the shiny side up guys!

Well I'm safe and sound back home in rainy NJ. Gentlemen...I had a ball and it was the best spent Sunday since Football season! I could hardly contain my excitement!

Thanks Lance for testing the LED's in your car. I returned the extra's I had and placed an order for the HYPER WHITES...we'll find out if they are better. The Super Red look good on my Cougar at night though!!!

Personally I thought mike was more like Stone Cold Steve Austin than the Rock...but that's me.

I sure wish I could make next meet, but I think I'll have to skip a month to save up from all the spending and shopping I did this past visit!!

Anyhow...to business...the pictures came out wonderfully...I will fwd all pics to Al and if I can figure out how it works the poorly videos races I got of Mike and John...he should have them by Thurs. Unfortunately I missed EACH AND EVERY sweet burnout of the Lincoln...JIMMINEE!! :EEK

Anyhow gents...it was indeed a great time to put faces and cars with the names, and I hope to see you in June...til then I'll be bouncing around in here.

J3
8o

Thanks guys for the support. It was well worth it to hang with the crew.
Think good thoughts for me that I get a good report this Thursday. The leg was so shattered that they said that we would be crossing our fingers that it would heal-up without surgery.

Let's get all the SC's out for the Coast Cruise. That is going to look great all cruising up the coast!!!
I agree Lance...I hope we all get the bugs out and have a great pull up the coast.
Later,
Ron

gotta agree with everyone, you are all the coolest bunch of people i have ever met! each and every one of your cars is distinctively sweet in its own way, from johns super sweet MONSTER of an sc, the beer barons fittipaldis (*sp), mercs coolers, or mikes sweet 35th, we al have a helluva group going here. big thumbs up to Red for making it out to the track, and also to Ron, for "working on his tan" out there in that so cal sun.

pics will be posted soon!

al

Long live the Red and Black SC's! :lol:

Back