Paint Question

Billabong089

Over the rear wheel, I can feel texture to the paint, guessing it might be rust forming underneath, it looks fine now and its not obvious at all, I discovered it when I was waxing so my question is how can I make sure it doesnt get any worse?

The best way to make sure that it won't rust any further is to clean and wax your car thoroughly, then seal it up in a big glass box and pump all the oxygen out of it and fill it with pure nitrogen. As long as it stays in the pure nitrogen sealed box, it won't rust.

Smear some grease along the inside lip of the fender panel. The design there traps water and causes the panel to rust through from the inside. The grease should prevent water from getting into the seam and stop or at least slow any further rusting. Although once it's started it generally is impossible to stop. Best solutions is to strip the panel, remove the rust and then repaint and rust treat it. From past experience, make sure you put the grease in there or it will just come back in a year.

Mathew 6 vs 19-21 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No, actually it is a quote from Jesus (the creator of heaven and earth manifested in human flesh) about how the second law of thermodynamics (all things tend to decompose) will cause all of our material treasures to become useless junk eventually, and his advice is to treasure eternal things which will not pass away or fail us over time.

Back