Resonator

94 - 95 5-speed factory exhaust included a small resonator behind the third catalytic convertor. If you're looking to upgrade, what many people have done, including myself, is to delete the 3rd cat and factory res., and use an aftermarket dual-in / single-out muffler that fits in the space as a resonator. MagnaFlow # 14221 is a popular example.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ed,

Currently, I have the flowmaster cat-back system with the stock down tube and all three catalytic convertors. I do not have the small resonator behind the third catalytic convertor. With this set up, I like the sound at idle and WTO. But there is a drone (noise) when I am cruising on the highway. Now, I am trying to elimate this noise. Do you have any suggestions?? I am thinking of putting the MagnaFlow muffler just behind the 3rd cat. Do you think this will help cut down the noise? What size of muffler should I use?

I live in California, If I delete the 3rd cat and, use an aftermarket dual-in / single-out MagnaFlow resonator, will the SC be able to pass smog???

Happy new year!
Thomas

Back