Suggestions

Billabong089

I have a thread similar to this but I figure I'll repost and see if there is anything i'm forgetting... I gotta do the timing cover gasket so while in there I'm getting and bought so far

Timing Chain - Ford
Timing Gears (crank and cam ) - Ford
New Balencer bolt and washer - Ford ( mustang 3.8l one )
New Waterpump - Napa

Left to buy:

BHJ balencer
Felpro Gasket Set

Not Sure whether to buy or not:

Timing Chain tensioner
Thermostat

and when its in the shop I'm going to tell them to replace any hoses they can, I wonder if I should do belts... argh too much money already... and the last thing to buy is the most expensive...

I figure at least $500 for labor... damn I'm spending too much on this damn car...

A stick of dynamite! No just kiding. Really I would have suggested underdrives but I noticed in your signature that you already have them. Well... if you have the money you could get the light weight jackshaft pulley.

Shane

well actually thats what Im questioning now... The pulleys look larger but I dont know because they were on the car when I got it...

I know you need a zero balenced pulley for the BHJ so I dont know If the pulleys on the car are underdrives or not...I know one thing is the belt doesnt come off easy the alt pulley its a very tight fight between the pulley and the intercooler pipe so maybe that is a sign? And If that confuses anyone, I'm talking about getting the belt off the alt pulley, I gotta like spin the pulley to get the belt to come between the alt pulley and intercooler

How can I tell if I got underdrives or not?

Last edited:
Well if my memory serves me than the altinator pulley is a tight fit, the water pump pulley is gigantic, and on the crank pulley the end that goes to the jackshaft will be bigger than the one for the assesory(SP) belt.

Hope this helps!
Shane

I looked at an NA tbird so I dont know if their the same but my waterpump pulley and alt is definatly bigger than the ones on the na 3.8

Back