changing headlights

GOOBER

I have a 1994 thunderbird. It had a bad encounter with a deer!! bent my hood up and busted the front headlight on one side. so being I will have to replace it I wanted to upgrade them to the 96-97 headlights, just not sure what all needs to be done to do this and where to purchase this stuff. Any help will be appreciated. I am also looking for a cobra r hood for this car!
Thanks Kevin

Should be a direct swap. I'm pretty sure you'll need the '96-'97 Corner lenses also. A stock '94-'95 hood will have a bit of a gap, but if your going aftermarket you'll be fine. You might consider a '96-'97 front bumper cover also.

Thomas

You may also want to check your header panel which mounts the headlights for cracks. This seems to be susceptable to front end damage that affects the headlights, and can significantly impact aim & appearance.

If you want to go from 94-95 to 96-97 headlights you have to change to a 96-97 headlight mounting panel also.
Youshould also use 96-97 corner lights unless you dont care what it looks like. The new corners are clear plastic andshaped differently vs. the older style.

thanks

Thanks for the input guys!!! I have been looking around and was going to change the header panel and then everything would fit better. I was also going to go with the 97 hood, does the bumper need to be changed also??? I want to put a body kit on it so I want to fit and look nice!!

94-95 bumper works fine with the new lights. My 94 has the stock bumper with the 97 lights and hood.
Good luck with the swap.

SCme94

Do you have a 97 hood on your car or is it a 94?? What brand is your's?? I have called Legendary but I am not sure if it is the right number, I have not gotten any response yet!!
Kevin

Back