New Vette C6

SC UL8R1990

I really like the new look of the C6 Vette. Its about time the vette got some body lines to give it some definition. The rear window takes the shape of the earlier 60's vettes.....i love that. And with the base model coming with 400hp and 400tq out of the box, yum. :cool: . Ive always liked vettes alot, theres been about 4 vettes my dad has owned, a 1967 327 4speed, 2 1984's, and now a 1990 ZR1. I really like vettes alot, not as much as SC's though, duh.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/autoshow2004/article.aspx?xml=GM2&src=MSN
l_Chev_Corvette_red_front_3.jpg

BTW - if you dont have anything good to say, take it somewhere else.

SC UL8R1990 said:
I really like vettes alot, not as much as SC's though, duh.

BTW - if you dont have anything good to say, take it somewhere else.

I hope this does not qualify as not saying anything good, but REALISTICLY whoever would take a Thunderbird SC over a C6 '05 Corvette is missing a few screws!:D
Just being real because that car is awesome on any standard. The only negative thing that I see is the fact that they did not use the retractable headlight system as on previous Vettes.

Just my .02
Frank

Last edited:
ill agree about the viperish look, along with alot people out there.

oh a dirtybird...i hope you have your flame suit on:p :cool: Ill keep my SC over a vette anyday.

unless its a 1967 427 4 speed, black with a red stinger stripe and red interior........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:cool: :D ;) ;)

I like it, its supercar-ish. And yes I would take a corvette over the sc, just don't like the fact that theres no back seat to throw all my junk into.

I like vettes...

I do agree it has a bit of a viper look in the styling, but seems all new cars are looking more and more alike...

the lack of flip ups doesn't bother me, think of it as a throw back to the original vette even though it had small round lights, besides, it's better aerodynamics at night:)

SC UL8R1990 said:
ill agree about the viperish look, along with alot people out there.

oh a dirtybird...i hope you have your flame suit on:p :cool: Ill keep my SC over a vette anyday.

unless its a 1967 427 4 speed, black with a red stinger stripe and red interior........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:cool: :D ;) ;)

Man I keep that flame suit handy. I would have burned up years ago on this board otherwise.:p
Seriously though, the SC is my favorite car, but it is no Supercar like the new '05 Vette, and I don't think you will find many folks on this board that will dispute that.:(
It is not my intention to compare the two because there is no comparison.

Frank
Dirtybird91;)

I still think the vette is a cheap imatation of the viper .
the viper blows the vette in the weeds on all fronts ,
leave it to #3 two make a #1 car

IMO, It looks like the new Mazda RX-8 in the front, I still think its a sweet ride, and if i had the money to get one i'd buy it.

Jay

mannysc said:
I still think the vette is a cheap imatation of the viper

Cheap is right, about $30k less expensive. I dont think the performance benefits are worth that much.

mannysc said:
I still think the vette is a cheap imatation of the viper .
the viper blows the vette in the weeds on all fronts ,
leave it to #3 two make a #1 car

The vette has to handle better than the viper though. From what I heard they don't handle very well at all.

While we are at it just buy an 03 cobra and blow away both the viper and vette for lil cash out of pocket...Yah I;ll take the 06 vette...Sell it//And buy a used 03 cobra and a used older viper..yahhh..America...

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
While we are at it just buy an 03 cobra and blow away both the viper and vette for lil cash out of pocket...Yah I;ll take the 06 vette...Sell it//And buy a used 03 cobra and a used older viper..yahhh..America...

^^^ What he said :D

Buddy has an 03 cobra just a few simple bolt ons and he's runnin' 450rwhp and idled off the line and ran a 12.2 (was having traction problems that day launching)

93SC said:
The vette has to handle better than the viper though. From what I heard they don't handle very well at all.

I've rented a Viper and they handle much better then a Vette. The Viper is just a higher effort car. Everything from the clutch to the steering is harder to move.

The only place where the Vette blows away the Viper is in braking. The Viper doesn't (At least the one I rented didn't) have ABS, which meant you could lock up the wheels pretty easily. You could probably stop it faster then a Vette if you had a lot of practice, but...

The Vette just stops when you tell it to.

I still think the Vette is a better overall car. It is much easier to drive, and will win most of the time through the twisties and on the track. We will have to see how the new 2004 Viper and 2005 vette stack up against one another. I just know I would not pay an extra 50,000 dollars for a viper just to go 1/10th of a second faster. :)

Oh I agree. If I could only have one car, it would be the Vette.

But for a weekend toy, the Viper gets my vote as the one to want.

Back