RIDES! premieres Jan 6th at 9pm E/P

Birdman93

FORD’S PROJECT DAISY EXCLUSIVELY UNVEILED ON TLC

-TLC’s New Series RIDES Kicks Off with an Exclusive Look at Ford’s Hottest New
PROJECT DAISY --

There is only one Ford Motor Company. When they build a prototype show car, everyone in the auto industry wants in on the secret. TLC’s RIDES: PROJECT DAISY is the fly on the wall for this special one-hour documentary. From development and design to manufacture and unveiling, Ford gave TLC unprecedented access the classified project, codename "Daisy." The program captures the mystery, magnitude and engineering feats surrounding the development of this all-new, fully engineered concept car. PROJECT DAISY is scheduled to premiere at the world-famous North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Sunday, Jan. 4 at 5PM MT. TLC will air the exclusive RIDES: PROJECT DAISY from 9-10PM ET/PT on Tuesday, Jan. 6.

Ford anticipates PROJECT DAISY will rival the iconic status of the Mustang or the Thunderbird in American car culture. This highly anticipated model leaves the drawing board and comes to life before your eyes – eyes that until now had to have top-secret clearance.

TLC captures the final DAISY test drive as the car is readied for its final unveiling and America meets its newest icon.

PROJECT DAISY is the first installment of the RIDES series this season. RIDES features the hottest autos of today and yesterday. Go to TLC.com to learn more about RIDES: PROJECT DAISY and check out the latest on this new TLC series. BCII produces RIDES for TLC. For TLC, Sandra Gregory is executive producer. For BCII, Bud Brutsman is executive producer.

TLC is the only television network that uses real-life storytelling to connect over 93 million viewers in North America to the breadth of the human experience. Discovery Networks, U.S., a unit of Discovery Communications, Inc., operates and manages the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, Discovery Health Channel, Discovery HD Theater, Discovery Kids Channel, Discovery Times Channel, The Science Channel, Discovery Home & Leisure Channel, Discovery Wings Channel, Discovery en Espanol and The Health Network. The unit also distributes BBC America. Visit TLC on the web by going to www.discovery.com and clicking on TLC.

It's on right now talking about the new Show car from Ford that will show the signs of things to come from Ford?

I'll hang out in chat if anyone wants to comment on it.

It's going to have a 6.4liter V-10.
It has a custom aluminum frame.
They are using a new mustang as the test mule for the powertrain.
Caroll Shelby is involved in the production of this test car.
They are "re-designing" the Shelby Cobra. Similar to what they did with the GT-40.

(ed. fix spelling)

Last edited:
Woohoo! Watching now too. I haven't searched the internet for pics of it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it on the show.

Looks to be a very cool series too. This and American Hot Rod should make TV worth watching again. :D

It's up on Ford's Website.

Cobra_FrontQtr.jpg
Cobra_RearQtr.jpg

Cobra_Hood.jpg

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=16649

It's o.k. But not as agressive as I would like. I'd buy one! I enough agree that they take a look at production of such a beast.

Last edited:
Did you see that special torque machine torquing down those main bearing bolts?

They decided to run 106 octane fuel. Partly to support the high compression but also because of the unique smell from the exhaust from such a fuel.

Yikes... All of that custom intake manifold heads, wow. A dream shop.

Now trying to start the beast with engine management software written in Japanese. It ran on the Dyno fine, but now put together and it's having trouble. They backed timing out of it and got it fired up. But it wasn't perfect. The crew worked through the night to get it perfect.

Last edited:
That is once Awesome Machine!!! Just sux that everything has to be so darn expensive and out of the Normal Persons price range. But hey its fun to dream.

Jay

Carroll Shelby likes the car and comments on scuffing the tires up on the new car for them. He mentions a Drifting competition that Saturday! The product lead asks him to not get too close to any walls.

He took it for ride on a track and did a bunch of donuts with it out in the infield.

This was a great show. Next week will be a guy building custom hot rods designed to be used.

(ed. fix spelling)

Last edited:
I saw the concept up close and personal at the unveiling-talked with J Mays-asked what the price was expected to be-he replied that if the car sees production about $60K.

Now you know why they had a V-10 Mustang-it was used as a test mule.

Being a bit picky here-his first name is spelled Carroll

Awsome show....

Mike8675309.....this might interest you a little more than the others here.....

In the previews for next week, they're showing emblems of a "Chicayne"....that's actually from the MPLS area....
It's an unbelievable Twin Turbo Biscayne.....be interesting to see what they say about it on TV.....

-jw

I like the styling, but it doesn't compare to the original. It could be though, it's pretty close. The headlights look like beady little eyes, they should be brought out or made a little larger to be in proportion. Also the original was beautiful because of the sexy curves. This one is a little too boxed end looking. Very sharp car though.

think they went with Project Daisy to make us think it's some lame enviro car? (not that they're really lame, but you know...)

and here I thought Shelby was just gonna make a new GT500 of the stang, or will he...

on a sidenote, I was surprised to see Jason Priestly on TV, I thought he might've still been laid up from his wreck a while back...

ThunderCoupe94 said:
That is once Awesome Machine!!! Just sux that everything has to be so darn expensive and out of the Normal Persons price range. But hey its fun to dream. Jay

Got info On Factory Five frames/kit which start at $12k. That an an old Mustang make a nice Cobra for us more modestly employed folks. I figure 18-20k would give you a nice Cobra. Add all the HP you want over time. Actually cost is same as all my efforts on these SCs when I am done.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

Looks like the Daisy is a Viper competitor with that dang V10. The only Viper to impress me had a full race V8 stuck in it here at MSR track when the Viper clubs came to town a few months ago. For 60-80k a Viper is not that impressive. I should think this car is intended to beat it on the track and street, though. Lets hope so anyway.

I think you'll see some refinements in the look when it goes into production. And at this point it isn't an "if it hits production", but when. I don't think that Ford would have given TLC that much acess without having SOME ideas about actually producing the car.

As for the project name "Daisy", they tell in the show why they used that-it's due to the GT concept rumoured to have the name "Petunia" by the press.

If they announce production in the next year, I will be dropping my bid for a Ford GT and placing my deposit on a Cobra!

Visually

It's a bit slab sided. I would make the transisions from the wheel wells to the doors a bit more severe to give more of a bulging bicep appearance to them. But looking at the pictures my thought is that both the aluminum frame and interior space might limit what they can do there without widening the track of the vehicle.

I'd somehow architect the front a little different. I'd like the lower part of the nose and sides of the fenders to curve under a bit more. I'd like the front of the fenders be more seperated from the front of the hood. In comparison to the original the front isn't enough for me to be 100% impressed.

I don't like the rectangular exhaust outlets, which while they fit with the general look of the body, I'd like the body more rounded, thus give me some ford oval exhaust outlets.

I'm in general just not feeling the latest designs of cars that have longer pieces of body that are flat, or straight with less curve. It's a tempering of the mess that GM has with their Cadillac rigs that appear like they are trying to build stealth fighters. Uh, the stealth fighter looks like that to limit it's radar signature. Not because it looks good.

It would be nice to see Ford Build something. And it was interesting to have a glimpse of how they build this show cars. I would have liked to see a little bit more about the engine, but they tended to focus on the body. I get the feeling that one off V-10 motor is more interesting than that one off hood hinge. But who am I to judge.

It should be a good show if they keep the quality up.

This is the concept , not the actual production vehicle. Look at the differences between the 05 concept and production Mustangs, and you'll find that the actual production Cobra will change somewhat.

Besides which-the car met with the approval of Carroll Shelby-enough said.

Oh, I agree it will change. Just pointing out the things I don't like. Trying to point out the things I do like would take too long.

The car prefectly fits in with the look that appears to be popular today for near production looking cars. Yet, personally I'm not a fan of it. I didn't like the look on the new Thunderbird. I don't like the look on the new Mustang. And I don't like the look on the Cobra.

But I'm sure I could get over it. I don't like the look of the new Durango's either but it'll grow on me, I'm sure.

Back