couple questions

S14DriftR

I may be purchasing an 89 sc 5 speed tomarrow. i wrecked my S14 and am looking for a replacement untill I can find an S14a.

Can the electronic shocks be replaced with regular ones? I know some rx-7's have similar suspension and can be very expensive to replace, since most enthusiests dont have need for the soft settings can they be replaced with stiffer non-electronic shocks?

I have heard that they are front heavy, is it possible to lighten the front end to make it more of a balanced car?

What kind of perormance can be expected with bolt ons at stock boost levels?

S14DriftR said:
I may be purchasing an 89 sc 5 speed tomarrow. i wrecked my S14 and am looking for a replacement untill I can find an S14a.

Can the electronic shocks be replaced with regular ones? I know some rx-7's have similar suspension and can be very expensive to replace, since most enthusiests dont have need for the soft settings can they be replaced with stiffer non-electronic shocks?

I have heard that they are front heavy, is it possible to lighten the front end to make it more of a balanced car?

What kind of perormance can be expected with bolt ons at stock boost levels?

Yes the electronic shocks can be replced with regular ones. Bilstein and Koni make replacement shocks for our cars. There are other brands but the Bilsteins and Konis are the better ones.

I have heard once that the SC is almost a 50/50 weight balance and all you would have to do was remove 250 pounds from the front and move it to the back.

There is alot you could do with the car at stock boost levels, but dont expect to be one of the fastest SCs. The first thing I would recomend doing would be to replace the exhaust then put on an intake. After that you have a world of options of things that you could do to your SC all of which cost lots of money. I would also recomend putting on a B&M Ripper shifter on too.

Hope you get the SC
Shane

Several of us do cornering events. I found my 90 SC to be very stable on the track. People cannot believe how well it handles. I have not installed all the suspension parts I bought. Now the 95 SC does not seem to handle quit as well. But Ed up in Canada usses one all the time to teach driving skills with some supension mods.

I cannot remember all the guys, one is a V8 car now doing laps across America.

Mansier is building a full aod racs SC for NASA American Iron events. Moving engine back and removing 1000 lbs in car.

Fast Ed in canada. See SCCoO chapter.

RusselR in TX. Look in track results forum.

I recently ordered a tube front K-Member with engine moved 3" back.

Of course most of the rest of the club is into Drag racing.

Back