looking for pics of polished raised letters

Brad94SC

does anyone happen to have any pics of polished raised lettering on the I/C tubes? I just want to see how the jobs turned out for some of you guys..... I have embarked on this procedure and am curious to compare my results... when I get some pics of the finished product I post them

much appreciated!

Last edited:
Randy & Connie how did you polish the blower snout ?
mine wont stay shiny did you seal it? and how anal retentive do we have to be to go thru all the work of polishing stuff .

I spend more time polishing then driving my sc pullys are hard as is the fins on blower.Im thinking of powder coating mine like stock and giving up . dulls so fast.

Well, It's not a polished raised letters but I've been doing some experimenting with my powdercoating projects and thought I'd share my recent SC Top. I powdercoated the whole thing with a silver vein which coverd the horible casting flaws then masked off the low areas around the letering with high heat masking tape then applied a super mirror black to the raised parts of the top. I think it retains the stock look a bit yet still looks a bit custom.

I have tried the whole polishing and using a clear powder to protect the sheen but found that the clear takes some of the luster from the final polish. I also decided against this when I found that the crappy clear powder I used began to become hazy and developed a yellow tint. But I'm sure if I decided to have gone with a superior quality clear powder I may have had better results. I also decided to change the theme of my engine because I was dreading polishing the I/C tubes and the small crevices in the lettering, don't even get me started on the supercharger fins, thoes are a major pain in the rear to get the casting smoothed down.

SC Ya,
Greg Roll

Heres a pic of the SC Top...

Attachments

• sc top 2.jpg
    sc top 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 238
Randy N Connie said:
Here is one

Damn that looks amazing! That is what I'm starting on now. My engine looks very blah right now and needs some work. Polishing the blower top and IC tubes (maybe the IC too) is a good way to make it look a bit nicer.

Here are mine. I'm a polishing nut, i do everything by hand, and it comes out like a chrome shine.

433758_36_full.jpg

433758_40_full.jpg

433758_2_full.jpg

fastsc92 said:
Here are mine. I'm a polishing nut, i do everything by hand, and it comes out like a chrome shine.

433758_2_full.jpg

I love your wheels, but I don't know if they would look good on a red SC.

Bob

I hope to have them for sale sometime, but not at the moment. I think its a nice addition to any color car. PLus it think its kinda cool because they are one of a kind rims, rather than the normal cobra's.

fastsc92 said:
I hope to have them for sale sometime, but not at the moment. I think its a nice addition to any color car. PLus it think its kinda cool because they are one of a kind rims, rather than the normal cobra's.

Do you happen to have a picture of the car straight on from the side? So I could do a little photoshopping to see what they would look like on my car?

Bob

Thanks for the pictures, fastsc92. Here's what I got with just a few minutes of photoshop:

Of course, it will look better when I get new paint, but I think the polished wheels look really good.

Attachments

• SuperCoupeNew.jpg
    SuperCoupeNew.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 116
fastsc92 said:
By hand? Damn, did your arms fall off or something? I just started my MAF and water pump pulley tonight and I am very, very happy I have a sander to give me a hand. I just gotta get some 80 grit tho... 150 is too fine with the MAF to start with.

Quick edit. I heard the IC tubes are pitted pretty badly under the powdercoat. True?

Last edited:
I have these tubes for sale and they do look awesome under the hood. They have been powdercoated black then painted yellow with high leaded yellow paint. I changed my IC to the MP IC and no longer need them. Best offer.

Super XR7

Attachments

• IC TUBES.jpg
    IC TUBES.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Super XR7, Is that SC top with the cat on it a photoshop or is it for real?
I like the idea of putting the Cougar emblem onto the top, now THAT is original!
PS Nice work everyone!
Tom

NorthrnSCownr said:
Super XR7, Is that SC top with the cat on it a photoshop or is it for real?
I like the idea of putting the Cougar emblem onto the top, now THAT is original!
PS Nice work everyone!
Tom
Thanks, here is a picture of all the pieces together.

Attachments

• IMG_0018a.JPG
    IMG_0018a.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 103
Super XR7 said:
I have these tubes for sale and they do look awesome under the hood. They have been powdercoated black then painted yellow with high leaded yellow paint. I changed my IC to the MP IC and no longer need them. Best offer.

Super XR7
I just have to say, if that granite block is in your garage, I'm jealous.

That is SO awesome!! :cool: I like the way it ties in with the Oil fill cap!
May I inquire as to the basic procedure used in making the "cat top"?
Thanks,
Tom

NorthrnSCownr said:
That is SO awesome!! :cool: I like the way it ties in with the Oil fill cap!
May I inquire as to the basic procedure used in making the "cat top"?
Thanks,
Tom

Basically designed the top in CAD and machined the model out of billet aluminum. Here is one shot of the machining.

Attachments

• DSC00522a.JPG
    DSC00522a.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 78
I didnt realize the authenticity.... I am humbled by your industriousness.
Seriously that's very nice work, two thumbs up. :)
Tom

Back