Engine installation question

35th T-bird SC

When I finally get this motor together, I was thinking the easiest way is to assemble everything on the engine stand first instead of breaking knuckles in the engine compartment. I'm talking about complete engine plus supercharger, exhaust manifolds, pulleys, jackshafts etc, dis, coil pack, plugs and wires. Pretty much everything but the belts and the IC tubes and fuel rail. Is this possible? I would lift the motor with four chains attached to the front and back of the heads. Would this be too much weight for the heads with everything attached? It would be so easy and "neat" if I could do it from the comfort of the shop.

I have installed a few motors, and found it makes the job alot easier with everthing off on the top end.

Now is it posible. Ya I would think so. But there will be alot of tight spots LOL. Even when I take a motor out, I have all the top end off. Then I have a perfect view of the bell housing bolts.

Yea I think I might do it all but the SC. I didn't want to pull too much weight with the heads. Who knows if those new head bolts are stretching when lifted.

I just recently installed my motor again ,and I found it easy for the block,the heads,intake,exhaust,plugs,wires,metal for heater hoses that go over the valve covers installed. I left the drivers side and passenger side accesories brackets off to side still in the car ,seeing that I left the A/C connected and the power steering pump installed. After a little wiggling of the A/C lines the motor slid right ininstalled the rest after the motor was in

Shoe,

I am in the middle of taking out a motor. But I have never left the AC comepressor and lines, tied aside. Now I am going to try it. When installing the motor, is it a pain getting the motor by those lines and AC?

Back