Am I sitting on a ticking time bomb?

quick35th

Or is it just a bad fuel pump? The fuel pump is rather noisy. It al started when I had an EGR problem awile back(some of you may remember). Well when I had my EGR problem the fuel pump would run quietly for awile and then it would get really loud from driving it for a long distance. The sound would kinda cut in and out and then it would just go away all of a sudden. About 10-15 seconds later the motor wouls start to stumble and die. I found some codes in the computer that said EGR out of rang and lean on both banks. I figured it had to be the EGR and I took it off for inspection. I found it was so carboned up that it wouldn't open or close so I let it sit over night in Komen fluid. By morning it was clean and functioning again. It doesn't die any more but the pump is really niosy. It has been like this for maybe 1-2 months now. Is my pump going bad? I would have figured it would have gone by now so I am asking for some opinions.

One thing is weird though with my XR7 with the above problem. I forgot to mention that the pump cutting out thing has happened after the fix. The weird thing about it is when it first happend one of my friends was driving it with me as a passenger. When it did it again after the fix the same friend was driving it and I was passenger again. It has never done it to me wile I am driving. Maybe my car is possessed?

Shane

noize is a sign of age.

Best thing to do is check your fuel pressure at the rail. Low fuel or out of fuel will cause a noize pump. Don't know why ford lets the pump run when out of gas should have put a pump shut off safe gard when out of gas so as to not burn the pump up but they didn't.

Back