ABS and accumulator?

SlinginBeauty

Ive been having problems with my abs with them locking up and the antilock and ebreak light come on. Ive been playing with the wires going to the relay in the trunk and seem to help them go off and it to resume back to normal pressure. Now i shut my car off and the lights were going and i hear this large vibrating noise coming from the actuation assembly. I poped my hood and the accumliatior is jiggling like crazy and is super hott. i disconected the battery to get this to stop for now. does my accumilator need replacing. what could be my pro. ill pro bring it in tomorrow to get it checked but knowing whats wrong is half the battle. thanks for all help you guys may give me. Zach

I took my car for a local run to see what the problem area could be. It seems it has to be the accumilator or the pressure swich is the problem area. i felt the pump pumping for a good bit and when that did the lights were off and the breaks worked. when i breaked the lights would come on for a sec and dissapear again which is a sign of the accumilator. but when you felt the pump you could hear it pump like once a sec and you can feel it in the break petal. it feels maybe like a blockage and the pump is having a problem puping fluid out. that seems to happin or the accumilator vibrating and getting really hot. what could be my problem area and what can i do to fix. thanks all for help. Zach

ABS Relay failure

Try replacing the "Brown Pump Relay" (ABS Pump Relay) located next to the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay. When the relay goes bad it will tend to either stick "open" not allowing the pump to cycle ON, or it will stick "closed" causing the pump to run constantly (even with the ignition switched OFF). Overheating the pump will kill it.
Check around at your local parts stores for a GP Sorensen #MR120 relay. Should cost around $15.00 (US).

The ABS and BRAKE warning indicators are a sure sign of Accumulator failure. This will also cause the pump to cycle too often and overheat. Contact Prior Remanufacturing and order an accumulator for the Teves Mark II ABS (around $100.00) www.priorreman.com

Back