removed supercharger belt and.....

turboken

well, i removed my supercharger belt because it is screaming and slinging fluid. while the car is much more quiet, after about a 10 min drive across town, the check engine light comes on. sometimes it goes out, then back on a few mins later. I can probablly use a code scanner tomorrow, but figured i'd ask first, see If anyone else has had this happen. I searched, but couldn't find anything. thanks.

Wire the bypass open so you will get more airflow into the engine. I think it might help.

Jeff

HEY, mines does the exact same thing, anyone know how to fix this? I can only get about 6 psi boost max because of it sliping

news ta me

i didnt even figure you could run the car without the supercharger.i guess ill ask were the bypass is and when you bypass it do the ends just plug back in?i figured it would just send a screwed up signal from the m.a.f.and not take in nowhere nere enough air through the blower.anyway yea my blower is doing the same thing.

You are over thinking things. The bypass is located behind the SC and has a vacuum pot that moves it. Uoy need to open it because if the SC is not hooked up then as soon as you mash the gas the valve closes and the air is forced through the rotors. So just wire it open until you can fix the SC.

Jeff

thanks man

ill get rigtht on that actually its cold here in illinois tonight 1\7\04,but dont wanna fight the girlfriend over a ride to work in the mornin so here i go.also live on a ritzy street (neighbors)they were all gualkin at me when i was pullin the belts off out here sunday.wait till the headgaskets blow n leve antifreeze al over the road.til then ill leave em a nice lookin possy strip when i install my updated blower.hopefully sometime next week!funny thing is you think im bowl spittin ha?thanks fer the help,i appreciate it.

A few years ago my blower belt snapped while driving. I took it off and continued driving with no problems (for a day or two till fixed), well, it was a bit on the slow side... but I never got a CEL.

Back