Stripped out threading!!!!!!

SC UL8R1990

great just great.......i stripped out the threading in one of the bolt holes for the SC top on top of the supercharger. this is greaaaaaaat. All the other ones are fine but that one, it is relatively tight. I hand tightened all of them hand tight with a small ratchet, i dont get it.

oh well, now what do i do.....cuz im guessing this sob is gunna leak now. Can i tap a new thread in there for another bolt or something? this sucks.

maybe i should just call magnum powers and upgrade. this sucks

Well you can drill it out and thread it to the next size or you can put a Helicoil in and use the same bolt that came from the factory.
I hope your using a torque wrench to tighten any bolts on Aluminum pieces, if not I garrantee you they will warp.
I beleive the torque on those bolts is supposed to be 10 ft lbs which is not very tight. Not torqueing the blower bolts will result in a warped blower case.

Mike 38sc,

To retard leakage:

1. Can I retorque the value cover bolts? and what torque?
(on my car they look unconventional, they have about a 2 inch pin/threads passing the greasy/oily bolt?)

2. Can I retorque the oil pan bolts? Torque value?

3. I wonder with these aging cars what other places should be retorqued.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
after you do that i think you should ship my spanner wrench back to me because another sc'er is in desperate need of it.

sail7seas said:
Mike 38sc,

To retard leakage:

1. Can I retorque the value cover bolts? and what torque?
(on my car they look unconventional, they have about a 2 inch pin/threads passing the greasy/oily bolt?)

2. Can I retorque the oil pan bolts? Torque value?

3. I wonder with these aging cars what other places should be retorqued.

Thank you in advance.
Sure you can.:)

Back