Sign-Up for California Shoot-Out Nor-Cal vs. So-Cal Meet

R

RonzSC

It looks like the Nor-Cal chapter of the SCCoA is gathering up their troops for a meet with us at the Famoso Drag Strip in Bakersfield.
There has been a good amount of interest in getting together and getting things rolling for our chapter...well here's your opportunity to join-in on the fun. You don't have to race your SC, if you just want to meet some cool people and enjoy the day.
If you are interested in this get together please sign up and post and we will make further arrangements. We will likely meet sometime in August. A hard date will be firmed-up when we get more interest.
By the way... They have some fast cars up there. I believe we have some pretty fast rides also.
www.famosoraceway.com/index.html
Ron

TBK...
One of their guys wants an April meet. We had thought of something later in the summer. So we really haven't come together and decided on the date as of yet.
It is difficult to go any further with planning until we have more interest. Input is always appreciated when putting these things together.
TBK, are you stil in Texas or have you relocated now?
Later,
Ron

I'm currently in Texas, however I close on March 20th. My goal is to be in California a week after that date. (Gonna take a nice vacation on the way).

Currently the car is not drivable due to the tranny being screwed up (syncros are bad). I'm trying to work a deal for a rebuilt one at the moment and if all goes well then I'll haul her out there. If not, then it'll stay in Texas at my folks place were I can come back in a few months, put the rebuilt tranny in, and drive back to california. Sounds like fun, eh?! LOL

'Bout the meet.....I certainly wanna meet the California gang. Even if I don't have the SC, i'll still show up. :)

TBK...
You certainly have a full plate the next month or two. Good luck. You are really going to love San Diego!
Later,
Ron

I'm in.

Bakersfield in August - we won't have to worry about it being too cold.:D

John...Should we look at September or later as a better alternative?

Oscar (the guy with the white Chevy van) will be able to bring to goods for a bar-b-que. I will check to see where we can have it, perhaps the pits?

Do you think Kris Campos would be interested in Bakersfield? We need all our fast SC's. I plan to be running in the 11's by then...and that's just my reaction time!

It would be nice if everyone that has posted on the SCCoSC would be at Bakersfield even if they don't race.
www.famosoraceway.com/index.html
Later,
Ron

RE: Blue vs Gray

Count me in. Even if I don't have my SC ready!

JK, Ron, any time is OK with me.

I'd expect that Kris would be up for the meet too.

Can't wait to see an 11 second reaction time - that would be awesome, man!

I will update this list as time goes by.
So far we have signed up:

a. John Shelton...The Azusa Flash
b. ewdooley
c. Ron Garcia...R/T King
Remember you guys and ladies...you don't have to race to attend.
Later,
Ron

come up with a date

im going to try to be there when is all I need to know so I can plan.ahead. like to try my sc just to get some time slips on it .

I am coming for you all

Look's like I mite have to race all of you my self and take the trophy home.who's the fastest in your group? haven't yet seen anyone from Nor-Cal wanting to race but me.I will be there for sure love to set a Bakersfield record like Vegas.will be a fun time with you great people

Re: I am coming for you all

if i dont blow this thing up befor then i m there and as far as claiming that the north has quicker sc i say we take the 5 quickest time form north and south add them together and who ever has the quickest total can then make that claim but i to need a date august is like 4 months away could be a good chance that i will have my motor in by then

Merc....It's the 24th at Famoso drag strip in Bakersfield. I like your idea.
Later
Ron

al's in

just dont rag on my sc

al

Everyone in the Club should be there!!!!

This is shaping up to be the event of the summer.
One has to wonder if we all want to trek up to Bakersfield to race one guy? It would be a great deal to get all of us together, but there are places much closer if it is just going to be our Club.
I am going to run JD one way or another, Lord willing.

Later,
Ron

Re: Everyone in the Club should be there!!!!

didn't jd already chicken out???

i say we all go to pomona raceway or la (palmdale) or somewhere closer to the southern people

al

besides, that can make it easier on the more southern fellas

Re: Everyone in the Club should be there!!!!

Let's see if the Nor-Cal chapter can get something going because that would be truly a fun get together in August in Bakersfield.
But, you're right a closer venue would be fantastic.
Later,
Ron

Back