PCV Valve - Motorcraft or Aftermarket?

carlislesc

I'll be changing my PCV valve on the 90 SC with the Motorcraft part EV145 or E9SZ-6A666-A. I read in one of the history posts that it is designed to seal under boost conditions and stop excessive oil. Supposedly aftermarket ones like Purolator do not do this. Can anyone add to this? For example, How does one REALLY KNOW that aftermarket ones do not seal and that Motorcraft do?

Hello

Hello,
I had the same question :)
I bought an aftermarket brand twice and no change with blow by.
I had to order the Motorcraft part and will be picking it up today or tomorrow and will let you know if there is a difference.
Laterz,
D Rainer

I had a unit from Autozone installed in my SC and recently observed mild blowby. I then installed a Motorcraft unit and noticed a reduction, but that was only during a 20 minute period.

If you blow air through both units from the plastic elbow, it seems the Autozone unit was more likely to not seal completely and thus allow some air.. especially at the angle of the valve cover. If you shook it and held it perfectly level, it would seal. The Motorcraft however sealed whenever it was less than a 45 degree angle.

Not exactly scientific, but time will tell I suppose.

Is there really that much difference in price between the Motorcraft and other aftermarket ones, that it's worth the potential trouble ? They are $6.96 Canadian at full retail price up here, so what, maybe $5 U.S. ?

The EV 145 is specific to the SC application only, I wonder if the aftermarket ones are too ?

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back