PDA

View Full Version : atten. homeworld

mercury65
04-13-2002, 09:39 PM
i did not read your simtoms but i bet your vibe is from your tail shaft bushing in the tranny this happen to a friends mustang he could not fig it out

TBKHomeworld
04-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Well, I would say it's a possiblity, but I've had two M5R2's in there now and they both do it.

Plus I get vibrations when I'm in neutral, clutch in,clutch out, or in gear moving. That would lead me to believe it's in the engine area.

mercury65
04-15-2002, 02:10 AM
yea as i said i did not read what the hole story was but now that you said that i know that i have 2 aod sc motor's and the counter weight on the 2 flex plate's are diff i know my origanal motor is 91 but dont know what year the other one is so maybe your flywheel is not right i would try a diff flywheel or somthing but it might be your hb going out thats the only 2 things it can be

mannysc
04-15-2002, 10:27 AM
hey take your flexplat and see where the weights were at and compare placement not amount then take and have flywheel weight moved same placement as flex plated as some cranks where cast and some steel the differance may be cast verses steel.

mercury65
04-15-2002, 12:56 PM
yea that another reason i think i might have a duracast crank in this motor

al35thsc
04-16-2002, 10:47 AM
so tbk di du ever figure it out???

al

TBKHomeworld
04-16-2002, 11:53 PM
Negative. The gentleman from Ford contacted me today and confirmed that the pressure plates have no dowels holes (duh).....he's look'n into the shoulder bolts and other possible problems.

I have no way of checking the flywheel right now....so Saturday I'm gonna have to remove the flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch plate....try and find a speed shop that'll check them for balance, then reattach everything. In the mean time I'm gonna put in a new pilot bearing (even though I think my new one that I JUST put in is good) and new U-joints.

HOPEFULLY I'll have it all done for Sunday. If not, then I still plan on being there w/the mini-van so long as there is at LEAST 4 MN12 guys at the track (not cars...just ppl).