Underdrive Pulleys

birdofprey

I was looking to buy underdrive pulleys, and just had a few questions. Who all makes underdrive pulleys? And are there better ones out there than others? Or are they all the same? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ASP & more recently March both make underdrives for SCs. Both perform about the same, but I think the polished March pulleys look better.

I've got the old standard black anodized ASPs.

David

Thanks for the input. Do you know the price on the march pulleys or a website that I can take a look at them. I was also wondering if anybody makes lightweight underdrive pulleys? thanks again for the help.

Now are the ones in supercoupe performance, who makes those, are those made by march, or are they made specially for scp? Thanks again for all the help.

the ones i bought from bill at scp, were ASP pulleys, like they said march are just polished, do the same thing.

It doesnt really say, just give Bill a call at 513-697-6501 and see what he says. good luck

I got the March ones from SCP a year ago. I hear they are the same as the ASP. Only polished :)

The March pulleys are sweet if you can still get them. They are all aluminum whereas the ASP ones are steel except for the crank pulley. They are MUCH lighter.

does the alternator pulley seem to be an ongoing problem? has this been fixed yet? And does it come with a warrenty for something like that?

Aluminum pulleys have a much shorter lifespan than steel ones do.

Not if the correct type of aluminum is used. As was said earlier in this thread, both ASP and March use aluminum on the crankshaft pulley and it's the one that's under the most load.

I've had a set of ASPs on my SC for about 3 years now and they still look brand new.

David

Back