Newly rebuilt Trans, but yet hard to shift

littleboylan

I just got my trans rebuilt about 1500 miles ago, and when its cold, it has a hard time going into first and second, but when it warms up it gos away, did the shop not use friction modifier? or the wrong fluid or something, or is the problem beyond something simple like this, also my shifter is the stock one, and I need to buy a B&M Ripper for sure, could this be the problem too, any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks MIke

Fluid and the condition of your shifter do impact the feel of your transmission. Many have reported GM Syncromesh to be smoother than the Ford spec.

Who rebuilt your transmission? I would go back and ask them what they added, without giving them suggestions like "did you add friction modifier?".

Also, did you have the unit rebuilt with stock blocker rings?

Lastly, you mention this problem diminishes as you warm up. This sounds like transmission fluid. I would also verify the condition of your clutch, however, as if its worn you could lose your new transmission syncros again in as little as a few months!

clutch

Well the guy was pretty reputable, but might not of known to add modifier with the fluid, Im think that im going to use redline d4, and upgrade to a ripper and see what happens, also the mechanic told me my clutch was fine, I believe it was replaced before i bought the car anyways, Thanks for the Help Mike

redline d4

If I use this fluid for my trans is it necessary to use the friction modifier, I believe I read somewere that I didnt have to use it with REdline D4, but Im not certain, nehelp THanks MIke

Back