90-94 changover

belucky

let me know the things i need to put a 94 engine in my 90 supercoupe.its an automatic,not sure if the 94 came out of a auto or a stick.i know i need the computer,the inlet tube fer the supercharger.thanks

Read about your probs that sucks....

Been there I was just rolling one day . Went into to boost and then there was a loud thunk and CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK what a horrible sound. Had to replace the block. I your case if you just switch out a long block that shoud be all you need no reason to change any thing else... Stay with the comp that came with the car .. unless you switch from auto to stick or vise versa the you have to switch EEC. inlet tube 90 with 90, 94 with 94 unless you switch out all tubing . some vac lines can also be a issue depending on years. GOOD LUCK.

You may have to address the EGR depending if your car has EGR or not. You will also need to swap over the balancer and ring as well as reuse your Jackshaft bracket assembly since the 94 doesnt have a provision to mount the DIS. I believe the AC compressor is also different. The 94 has larger injectors so you will need to address that if you are using them. You can reuse your present inlet tube for the supercharger. You may want to report a list of what you are getting with the new motor so we can assist better.

Paul

you'll need to use the old timing chain cover and harmonic balancer. might as well put in the more agressive cam from the older block too.

the brackets will need changed, injectors, mafs, etc.....unless you're going with an eec tuner.

Jeff

alright heres the deal

sorry i wasnt real clear.anyway im gettin a 94 engine complete running condition.its from a bone yard,so everything comes with it,bassically to make it real clear i should be a ble to pull my block out supercharger and all and through it away,put the knew one in plug in the electrics and go.now your sayin that the 94 has a different ac compressor that is somthing that im sure im going to have to reuse all my accessories like alternator and so on everything that is run off the belt ecept.supercharger and waterpump and crank pully. as described to me the motor is in complete running condition.mine is an auto,but if the 94 came out of a stick i should be able to just use my stuff ha?and if it was out of an auto i should still should be able to use my computer?alright yer sayin that i may have to get the different altanator and maybe some of the mounting brackets?i undersatand that the dis does not mount on the ac compressor in the 94-95s but isnt there a way to use my compressor i would think that i should be able to use all my old components anyway correct me if im wrong.thanks

like i said, in order to use the computer you have now.......

you'll need to use the old timing chain cover and harmonic balancer. might as well put in the more agressive cam from the older block too.

the brackets will need changed, injectors, mafs, etc. otherwise your computer is will not work correctly. i'm not sure if an eec tuner will correct this stuff or not.

Jeff

Back