Question on SC Safety Recalls...

SilverCoupe

On AllData.com, they list several safety recalls...

95S28 NOV 95 Recall - Ignition Switch Replacement

92S52 SEP 92 Recall - Safety Front Safety Belt/Retractor Replacement

91S32 MAY 91 Recall - Seat Belt Assembly Replacement

89S64S1 SEP 89 Recall - Rear Suspension Knuckle, Supplement

89S63 JUN 89 Recall - Front Suspension Hardware Modification

89S64 JUN 89 Recall - Rear Suspension Knuckle Replacement

Just yesterday my driver's side seltbelt thing took a crap. I think it came out of the track since the motor works, but the belt won't move. I can take my car into any Ford dealership and have them fix the above recalls free of charge to me, correct? If so, I'm taking in my car ASAP since I fixed the damn belt thing before and I'm not up to doing it again, especially out in the cold.

I may be wrong, but I believe that you have 7 years to get the recall fixed. If it doesn't get fixed in that time, you're out the $$ to get it fixed. Again, I may be wrong, but that was my understanding when I had some recall stuff done to my other bird. Fast Ed N would be a good person to find out the scoop from. He'll know for sure.

Worth checking into. My dealer replaced my ignition switch in Oct 2003. That puts it at a little under 8 years. Perhaps it varies from dealer to dealer with the intangible of how much business you do there on a regular basis. If the only time you show up at your local Ford dealer is for 8 year old recall work, they may tell you to 'stick it' because of the 'x' year limitation. I had my car in for other non recall service ($$) and just had it done then.

Back