Extremly Bad Starting Problems

NATES93S/C

Can someone please help? I have been having a really bad problem with starting my 93 s/c. When I turn the ignition the car seems to miss fire and rolls but does not fire right away.In fact ,it rolls and rolls bouces and fumbles (almost like it was fludded).Finally when it fires its misses for a short while before driving?-It did this soo much that it actually put so much load on my battery that it killed it.So far i have changed wires ,starter,battery ,I thought it might be the ignition switch ?-But Im not sure.If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciated :) -also i have a 3.8 s/c engine for parts with the blower.Please Please hjelp :(...thanks

When listening to the relay, I should be ready for what? :).....Is it still providing fuel after the engine is shut off?

You know I just got help by someone reminding me, on another thread, to disconnect the MAF and check my problem. Sure enough car started and ran. I r ecall some weird problems with MAF on a 4.6 bird, but that has been a few yrs. At least it is a quick check.

Did you pull codes? Check fuel pressure? Does the car cut out or miss at higher speeds? If so I would seriously look at Fuel Pressure. But then I own a guage for checking it. Need to get a scanner or code reader.

The fuel pump runs as soon as the key hits the run position. you should be able to hear it hum from the drivers seat. If you dont it is something that you might want to look closer at.

Are they much money? :( ....cause im in deep already :).....the wife is getting frustrated .Ha HA HAAAA :)..is the relay a common problem?

.....spark plugs done not too long ago...maybe a year?....then about a year prior...when i dropped in a rebuilt motor from ford-with 2yr 40000km warranty :)

Back