PDA

View Full Version : syncros M5R2

notorious sc
01-08-2004, 02:55 AM
where can I buy the syncros for this @#$%!*&? trans???Please help,thanks.... in advace Noel
:mad: :mad:

Digitalchaos
01-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello. Haveing some bad luck with your transmission?

You can purchase a full rebuild kit from SouthernGear in Georgia for around $200.00, if memory serves. I do not have their site bookmarked, but a quick Google (http://www.google.com) search with the words "Southern Gear" (in quotes) should list the site. They also rebuild transmissions for a reasonable cost, but from many areas shipping makes up for the difference.

Alternatively, were you aware that you can now install one of the available upgraded aftermarket T-5 transmissions in these cars? MN12performance.com makes a kit to do so, which alleviates the previous problem with the shifter handle being to far forward. Additionaly, Aftermarket T-5s have higher power rating than a stock M5R2.

Hope that helps..

notorious sc
01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
thank you sir......I also hope it will help me.Have a good day.

XR7 Dave
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
If you care for a smooth shifting tranny with no crunching between gears you might want to try Ford for the OE syncros. I called Southern Gear and they have the all brass ones for $15 each but want $40 for the OE style. Ford sells the OE style for $23 each.

notorious sc
01-10-2004, 01:56 AM
thank you sir......