Guaging Intrest on New Product

Thomas A

Guaging Intrest on New Product UPDATED 2-12-04

The finished Product is now avialble. Here is the link:

Bracket Group Purchase

Thomas

Hello. I am in the process of devolping a battery tie down for the '89-'97 Thunderbirds and Cougars, as well as a few other applications. This is an intial post to see if there is any intrest in the product. I don't have pricing together yet. I've got a couple prototypes made and am having the final details worked out. These hold downs are made of aluminum, and will be offered in your choice of natural, powder coat, or chromed finishes. All neccasary hardware and step by step directions will also be included. These hold downs will pass NHRA inspection when you go to the track. That is what prompted this project in the first place. The final product will look very close to the one pictured below, with a few variations being made. Please post here if you have any questions or comments, or if you think you might be interested in something like this. Please check back as I will be updating the info and pictures once the final product is ready to go. Thanks for your time!

SC002_one.jpg

SC002_two.jpg

Just for a little background info on myself, for those of you who may not know me. I live in Nebraska, and have owned a 1993 SC for 3 years now. I have been part of SCCoA for just about as long, as well as TCCoA, the former TBSCEC, and various other car related groups. I organized the March UD Pulley GP as well as the Texas Thunderbirds poly diff mount GP. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Thanks.

Thomas

Last edited:
that looks cool, Im gonna make one in my metal shop @ my school, looks like a piece of sheet metal on top, some wing nuts... what do you have on the bottom or is that a secret?

So far, I'm in the proccess of making my own cold air divider... haha $120 for magnum powers or however much they charge, yea let me go bend some sheet metal and currently I'm making a custom guage mount on that lower cubby thing, cut two slots out of each side and slid a piece of sheet metal through, I'm gonna paint it black and put three 2-1/16th guages in there, so the metal wont really show but you cant tell its metal and it uses the original cubby thing. I just gotta get the angleing rings...

And my last thing is that engine dress up thing, which again is a piece of sheet metal bent and crap... lol I love saving money...

sorry Thomas, didnt mean to like hijack your thread or whatever, looks cool if its cheap, maybe ill buy one cuz making things take a while lol... but defaintly looks good man.

"turbospeed"

hey i got one that fits the Optima, I searched alot form one for the Optima batterys online and came up with this one as my favorite. High Polished Aluminum, bottom screw holes are not seen either (mounted from underneith car 6 screws), look below, its a little dirty in the pic from mounting it, but you see how it looks. I love it, its from DetroitSpeed.com 160.00 + Shipping though..

Alex LaChance

-E-Mail- SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com

-AOL Instant Messenger - SuperCoupeSC91

-MSN Instant Messenger - SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com

-Yahoo Instant Messenger - SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com

-ICQ Instant Messenger- 235944899

My Dyno Run
Pics + Video
220 RWHP (So Far)
325 RWT (So Far)
<http://www.bristoldyno.com>

My Modifications + Future Modifications List
<http://www.tccoa.com/rides/lacale.shtml>

My Web Hosting Picture Provider w/ My Car Pics + Stuff for sale (with my new 18” ROH Azurro’s)
Pic's in folder
“Alex's 1991 Thunderbird SuperCoupe (Custom) Part 1"
<http://community.webshots.com/user/supercoupe>

"Thomas A"

I also wonder how you made the bottom hold down? It looks pretty good, but i think if you polish the top piece it would look really really sweet, hey its just a suggestion and if you wanted to, Platinum Plated battery terminals (Stinger) to get more of that chrome/polished look..Good Luck with your project.... Alex LaChance.

The piece in the picture is chromed, so I don't know what your talking about. Also, you might consider editiing your signature so that it doesn't take up half of my monitor. Just a suggestion.

Thomas

Like what you have done Thomas. Don't know if you have thought of this yet but some batteries have the removable vents on top that could cause problems with mounting. You might also want to look into hard anodizing (not regular anodizing) for corrosion resistance.

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. Yeah, I have thought about that. The center section is pretty narrow, but I will be looking at a few different types of batteries.

Thomas

I'll get you the measurment of the Duralast I have. I saw your post earlier and went to lunch and had to jump my car. While I was waiting I thought about the bracket not looking like it would fit.LOL

Jeff

"Thomas A"
Excuse me, your camera must be broken then. what kinda camera do you use then if that whole piece is chromed ? u use the chrome spray paint ? the only thing that looks like it might be chrome is the sides not the top flat part. that has no glare, it looks like a flat silver paint (why do you think i suggested a polished or chromed look). you have any other pics that have some glare in it ? Honeslty it does not look chrome !! is this only me here people or does this look chrome to others? Alex L.

Nope, camera is just fine. Canon 3.3 megapixel. And yes, it is chromed, no silver spray paint here. Guess I should of used yellow, huh? You gotta any left over that I could borrow?

Thomas

haha.. dont try to be like me.. know whats funny, in your top ic you have a top IC tube that is chromed ! what the hell happened to the battery bracket ! there is no comparison between the 2 ! look at my battery holder thats a polished look... yours does not look polished.. "when i say polished i mean to a mirror finish, maybe thats what got you confused. maybe i wasnt to detailed of what i was saying then" you should of been able to tell what i ment though..

Alex L.

I understand what your saying. Yes, it does look different. It's a different chroming process on that piece. All the items done below where done in the same process as the bracket that I made. It's a little easier to tell the look of it, as the bracket is a little dirty right now. BTW, where did you get that wing? I've been looking for one for my Mark VIII, and think it might look kinda cool on it?

Chrome_Acces.jpg

Thomas

Thomas,

I think this would be cool. How about taking what you have and water cutting the Ford script into it. The fancy Ford script that Ford uses in the blue oval. I'm sure Todd of TJ D-Signs could come up with the font and make a template. There is a company here in KC that does the water cutting. I could check into it if you want. Maybe they could etch it to keep costs down instead of just cutting it out. As with anything, the more you do the cheaper it would be.

Anyway, I like your design. Heck, round the edges and it would look like a dog bone. :p P-Diddy might even think it looks like something else. :D

Will you still talk to us after you become a millionaire when these sell like hotcakes? :)

Ok, I guess I never thought about that. Maybe "Supercoupe" or "SC" would look ok.

Um, maybe it's not if you don't use the oval or something like that. I wonder how we could really find out. Oh well, it was only a thought. Doh!

Back