Installing new belt

derekhay316

One of my belts is starting to crack and I'm gunna replace it tomorrow. Just wondering what the name of it is (its the one other than the supercharger belt) and maybe a part #. I also took a look at it to see how to change it and it looks like there's a cooling hose that i'll have to take off coming from the bottom of the rad, will i have to drain all the coolant or can it just be removed? Whats the process. thanks.

theres three belts on the car, the one that is blocked in is the accessory belt which the lower rad belt goes through, so yes it needs to come off and yes the coolant needs to be out otherwise it will leak out, especially since its at the bottom lol ;)

i think if you wanted to you could get that accessory belt off without draining the coolant, you would just have to remove the serpaintine off the pulleys and move it out of the way, replace the other belt and then put it back in place

unless your talking about the serpaintine itself in which case, your SCrewed, you gotta drain the coolant, i did mine 3 times in one summer, it sucked.

I usually cut the old belt off, then loosen the lower hose so that it is just barely attached then quickly pull it off, slide the new belt over it and pop it back on. I loose maybe 1/2gal of water and get some on my hands, new belt and driveway but I don't have to completely drain the coolant.

Back