help please

toso

if i go from a 89 sc engine
to a 93 engine do i need to change
the computer and are the motor
mounts the same.

Your mounts should be the same, and I don't think tha tyou should have to change the coumputer. The only issue might be EGR.

Edit: Well I see that there are two threads with two different answers. I'm not sure who is correct, but someone here will know.

Last edited:
Injector size changed in 94. I still think I'm right though. I think the only thing that would be different that the EEC would care about would be the EGR, and I don't know if its an issue for you or not.

Just reuse your 89 engine harness and use your 89 computer. It will run fine on the 93 engine. You can use the motor mount from either year, just don't mix them.

Otherwise you will need do alot of rewiring to use the 93 EEC, cruise,dis...

cougarsc said:
Just reuse your 89 engine harness and use your 89 computer. It will run fine on the 93 engine.

Otherwise you will need do alot of rewiring to use the 93 EEC, cruise,dis...

I don't think that they made an SC that didn't have DIS. And my 89 has more options than my 90 or 93. I don't think he has to change either, but I also don't think that you have to rewire anything.

They use different DIS modules between 89 and 93, not sure if they are interchangeable.

Dis info

Plus the pins on the EEC's are different, so it's not plug and play. Cruise control is in the 89 EEC, and external on the 93 EEC.

Last edited:
cougarsc said:
They use different DIS modules between 89 and 93, not sure if they are interchangeable.

Dis info

Plus the pins on the EEC's are different, so it's not plug and play. Cruise control is in the 89 EEC, and external on the 93 EEC.

Sorry about that.

Back