Sorry but I need some help!

Scott90SC

Ok I know this is a SC board and as most of you know I own a 90 SC that does not run.
Here is my problem. I have a 97 Expedition with a 4.6 overhead cam engine. I am not sure if it is the same 4.6 in the newer birds, but I know it is very similar to the 4.6 in the Crown Vics.
First if any one knows of an Expedition board that gets used please send me a link, all the ones I have found either have only 5 posts ever and the last one was 2 years ago, or it apears someone posts to them about once a month. In otherwords not a whole lot of activity.
Second here is the problem, when I start the truck all is fine, I drive around town doing whatever and the truck comes up to temp. then within about 5 min from coming up to temp all of the sudden this nice quiet running engine sounds like it just collapsed a couple of lifters. I know this engine does not have "lifters" they are "adjusters" that are on the heads but this is the closest comparison for what I hear. It is much more appearent on the drivers side bank. If I shut the truck off for say 2 min and start it back up itis quiet again for 2 to 3 min then it instantly starts rattling. If I am runnnig around and stopping frequently to pay bills or such and I turn the truck off at every stop I can drive it around for 20 min before this will start.
My guess is that I am losing oil presure to just that head, the problem is I do not know why or how.
Again I appologize for posting this here and I will gladly take it to an Expedition forum if I can find one, but if any one may know the answer to this feel free to PM me with an Idea

Moderators if you would like to lock this post so that it does not grow that is fine.

Thanks,
Scott90SC

PS if I can get the Family truckster fixed then I can get the SC fixed, but with four kids the truck takes priority!

Back