Harmonic Balancer

LIL CUTT

I bought a Harmonic Balancer from autozone for my 94 T-Bird SC I told them that i needed one for an SC. I put it on and the engine is vibrating really bad. You can see the intercooler vibrating really bad. The reason i put a new one on is because the stock one broke. So now i think i either have a bent crank or that balancer is wrong because on the box it came in it says that it is for 94-97 T-Bird, Coug, and windstars with a 3.8 V6 and it says nothing about SC. Does anyone know if SC's have a diffrent balance or if the one i bought will work? Because if so then i have a bent crank im guessing.

Yes you have the wrong one. The SC's are different and can only be bought from Ford unless you want the BHJ balancer which is twice the cost of the stocker.

VIBRATION DAMPER, Cougar, Thunderbird, w/Supercharger - 3.8L 92-93

List Price: $279.30

OR BHJ

SCP price $360, I think its worth the additional 100, dont you think mike?

Well since I gave $167.00 for a new Ford unit I dont think it would have been worth it to me. But thats me and I realize that not everybody feels the same way I do about it, so I'm not pushing one way or another I listed both options.

MIKE 38sc said:
Well since I gave $167.00 for a new Ford unit I dont think it would have been worth it to me. But thats me and I realize that not everybody feels the same way I do about it, so I'm not pushing one way or another I listed both options.

Mike where?

Ed I buy ALL my Ford parts from Dan Newman, I told you he has good prices! Thats the same discount he gives everybody not just me. Dan has made rebuilding my entire car very much more affordable, without him I would've junked the car.

Back