Need a quick answer

35th T-bird SC

I had my machinist switch over my rods to my new pitons. Installed the pistons and torqued down the rods. #1 seems to be slightly offcenter ( the pin in the piston bore) so when you look up in from the bottom you see the rod not perfectly centered in the pin bore. Do you know what i'm saying and is this a big deal. I just noticed because it looks different from the other rods. Would this be too much force on the particular side of the piston it's leaning towards? The motor turns fine after all pistons assembeled and torqued down.

my guess is its not centered onthe pin but it should correct itself. Ya know when you have the piston adn rod out of the motor, the piston can move side to side, maybe its just over to the one side and will center out when it spins, moveing it slowly by hand may not be enough to get it to move over right away. Just a guess. Have you tried centering the ron by hand, try and move it over.

I don't know it just doesn't look right. But everything turns fine so I'll stick with it. The pin is pressed into the rod so the rod is stationary it just slides in the piston bore. The rod fits tight between the journals so there is no end play so it won't slide back and forth.

Back